Monday 7 July 2014

Purging of a different kind

So I was getting sick and tired of trying to squeeze my newly rounded body in to my 'anorectic' jeans
I think I was in denial that they were too small
I really believed that if I could just hold my breath in all day
Then everything would be fine and dandy
But enough was enough
I had to purge my wardrobe

I have about 4 pairs of jeans that I call my 'anorectic' jeans
Teeny tiny skinny jeans that no grown woman should be able to fit in to
My favourite pair were a softer than soft blue denim that I picked up in France when I was barely 80 lbs
I loved them so
It gave me no end of pleasure to know that I could slip neatly in to them
Well, not anymore
Yes, I can still close them but they look like they are painted on to my legs
So last night I bit the bullet
I pulled all the offending items out of my wardrobe


And no, I haven't got rid of them
I'm not quite ready for that yet
(Oh I just had a thought
Maybe I could throw them in to the lake with my scales!)
No I haven't thrown them away
I've just put them away
Where they are out of my line of vision so they can't mock me that I can't fit in to them

Thankfully, because I have been every weight under the sun over the last few years
I have every size jeans known to woman
So I went through them all  and tried to find some that I felt comfortable in
Here's what I found

Levis that I bought in Australia 2 years ago and have never worn, dark blue
A little big but wearable and comfortable

Fat Face (oh the irony) skinny jeans, navy

Free soul black boot legs jeans, super comfortable
I feel a little better knowing that this jeans fit and are comfortable
If a little sad to say good bye to my old skinnies
Bye bye skinny jeans
You are in a better place now
And so am I
I hope I never have use for you again
I hope you live out the rest of your days at the bottom of my wardrobe
Gathering dust
And being eaten by moths
You have served me well skinny jeans
And you were with me through my darkest times
But it's time say farewell
So long
I hope we never have reason to meet again.......

18 comments:

  1. They're really super nice!
    Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set them on fire! We all know keeping them allows room for the "because one day you can be wearing them again" thought. Burn them!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also thinking burn or drown them. The temptation might be too much some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's honestly making me want to cry.
    it really made my day.
    thank you.
    this is really a huge step.
    and i agree with anon. i hope that one day, you are able to get rid of them. i still keep my fat clothes around in case i ever get fat again. :P but i have a sparing amount of clothes that don't fit me. as in just 1-2 pants, and it's not that they don't fit me. it's just they're snug AND THEY ARE SO PRETTY.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big step
      It actually was really hard

      Thank you x

      Delete
  5. kids jeans i wore as pedal pushers, i almost forgot ;), will be forgotten again in a sec, and most importantly never were and never will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jeans look fab on you! All of them :)

    I think tossing the other ones in the lake sounds like an amazing idea :) You should ttly do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty

      It is a great idea
      Now I just have to muster up the courage...... x

      Delete
  7. Well done. Great first step. I love the farewell. I'm borrowing it for mine. One day soon I hope you'll let em burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gennarose

      Let me know how you get on x

      Delete
  8. And, I think your sister has finally arrived?This week right?
    I hope you have a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is here now!

      It is 3am and we are up having tea and a good chat! x

      Delete
  9. Those are the best chats.... 3 am, ginger lemon tea (yeah) and a world of silence outside...

    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x