Monday 17 August 2015

Back to normal

Monday morning 
And things are getting back to normal
A lot of the visitors left yesterday
Some more are leaving today
And my auntie B is staying until next week
I was so wrecked yesterday
Emotionally and physically
I feel asleep at about 5pm
And slept until midnight
When I woke up
Dragged myself down to bed
And fell asleep for another 8 hours
The whole thing just wiped me out 
The visitors 
The meal
The speech
The having to be sociable for three days straight
It really took it out of me

So back to Monday morning
And doctor day
My own doctor is on holidays
So this morning I saw Nice woman doctor
Who is always very nice
I told her that things were good at the moment
My weight is healthy
My mood is stable
And I generally feel quite good
She did up both my scripts
And as she was doing my tablets
She noticed that I've been on Mirtazapine  on the highest dose for a long time
Mirtazapine is one of the anti depressants that I'm on
I told her that I was reluctant to change anything 
So we left it as it is
She asked me if I am sleeping ok
At this point
I thought about complaining that I couldn't sleep
To see if I could get a few sleepers
But I am trying to be good as far as my meds are concerned
So I told her the truth
That I am sleeping fine
Probably sleeping too much in fact

As she was speaking to me
I eyeballed the weighing scales in the corner of the room
I was so tempted to ask if I could weight myself 
I haven't weighed in a few weeks now
And I am curious as to what weight I am
I got my scales out this morning 
And my sister weighed herself
She is ten stone eight
I think she looks really slim abs petite
And I know I weigh less than her
I am wearing a size 8- 10 (UK)
And all my clothes fit me ok
And I feel ok
I was looking at photos of mums retirement
And also the video of me making the speech
I wouldn't call myself thin anymore
But I can also see that I'm not overweight
I look 
Well
Healthy 
And the fact that I have a tan makes it easier to look at myself
I would love to be more toned though
To feel a bit fitter and tighter
I am curvy now 
My boobs have never been so big
And I actually like them
They are a nice size
I also have a waist
Hips 
And a bum you could eat your dinner off
It's an adjustment getting used to this body
I am so used to being straight up and down
With no boobs, hips or bum
I have to keep reminding myself that I am not 19 anymore
I am a soon to be 35 year old woman
And I have the body of one

I think I coped surprisingly well over the last few days
Usually when we have visitors 
I have frequent and acute anxiety
Over the weekend 
There were 12 people staying here
So wherever I looked
There were people
I can remember a time when I couldn't handle people
I remember a couple of years ago
A lot of relations were staying here
I had to go to bed early
As I just couldn't cope
But now
Dare I say it
I am much more sociable
Much better able to deal with people
And I don't get that agonising anxiety overwhelming me
The only time I became anxious
Was just before my speech 
I felt so nervous that I thought I wouldn't be able to do it
The only reason I did it
Was for Mum
It's the least I could do for her
And now I feel really good that I did it
It's good for me to push outside of my comfort zone
And do things that scare me
It's a confidence builder for sure

Myself and my sister are just so delighted that the whole thing went well
We really were the ones that organised it
And we felt the pressure for everyone to have a good time
And I think they did
So all and all it was a roaring success
God knows our Mum deserved to be spoiled and pampered
She is the kind of person who puts everything and everyone ahead of herself
I have no doubt that If it wasn't for her
That I would still be using
And may even be dead
She has dealt with so much over the year
Her separation from my dad
My addiction and ED
And both my sisters addiction
And mental health issues
My Mum is nothing short of a saint
She is so strong
A lesser person would have crumbled long ago
But she just keeps going
And is an eternal optimist 
My Mym always says
That given what out family have been through
We are not going to badly
I completely agree
Growing up
Our house was a miserable place to be
My father was drinking
My parents fought endlessly
And there was a horrible atmosphere in the house
We never wanted for anything materially 
But our well being was neglected
I remember my best friends that life two doors up
That family didn't have a penny
But the house was such a lovely place to be 
So warm and friendly
So needless to say
I spent a lot of time there

I remember one morning
My father came down to the kitchen with a severe hangover
My Mum gave him a cup of tea
And he threw it in her face
For absolutely no reason
How cruel is that?
Now my father doesn't drink now
In fact none of us do apart from my brother
Now 
Years later
Things are so much more better than they were
Our respective addictions are under control
Mum parents get on do much better than they did when they were together 
We all get on so much better
And that by friends
Is a freakin'revelation

Today
Is a day of rest
To catch up on sleep
Move back in to my room
And generally relax and recouperate 
Now I'm off to have a little nap
Until next time....

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you've coped so well with the whole thing Ruby, you're far stronger than I am. I couldn't manage as I am right now. So I admire you. I am in awe of you. I think you are a real super trooper!

    I had a dream about you last night. I came you your house, and you had fields full of cows. We caught one of the cows and for some reason it had shoes on like a horse, and it had a poorly foot so we had to take one of the shoes off. Then we had to give it medicine to worm it?! Then we went into your house to eat and we had squid ink linguini with a seafood sauce. Then we drove somewhere to go shopping and we could see a massive bridge which stretched for miles. Then I woke up. Haha, how random! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, that's so funny Annie
      I wonder does it mean something
      I love dreams
      They are truly magical
      Let me know if you have any more....... X

      Delete
  2. I'm happy you had a nice time. The photos were great. And you looked amazing!

    Toning up really helped me get past some of the ED behaviors. I've been trying to tone up again, as I've let myself get a bit flabby over the last year. Do you ever watch the program Vikings? One of the women on that show has been sort of my motivation for a while, especially when I find myself thinking I should be thinner. If I'm honest, I'd much rather be able to swing an axe at someone. :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mich
      You know I almost felt pretty that night

      No I've not seen Vikings
      But yes
      I would love to tone up
      Just so I feel a bit better in myself
      I just wouldn't know where to start.... X

      Delete
    2. Last time I started with the couch rule: If I sit down on the sofa in front of the tv, I MUST be using the little weights (rowing motion, for the wobbly bits under my arms). Ten push-ups right before the shower was the second rule, then 10 right before getting dressed in the morning. Then I added 50 crunches to the morning, then 50 crunches to the shower. And on and on from there. Nothing extreme. It's the Mich Workout Plan for Lazy People. :)

      Delete
    3. Sounds good Mich
      And very doable
      I just need to get started
      And find someone to do it with
      I might ask my sister x

      Delete
  3. thought you looked like i would like to look/ i see pics of people in mags who put on weight and its all the right places, i just get huge jelly belly and nothing else its disgusting,also i didn't even speak at my dads funeral ,i couldn't do it, i let people down everyday. don't think you ever do even when your afraid. love you lots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that you Jo Jo?
      I think it is
      My weight hasn't distributed evenly yet
      My stomach is where it all seems to go
      But I know if I just hang on
      That it will
      And I'll feel a bit better x

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised you're exhausted, it's been a big week for you. I think you did amazingly given the stress. You definitely deserved the sleep!

    Another big congrats to your mum on this awesome milestone :)

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun
      I am just so glad it's all over
      There was such hype in the run up to this
      And now I feel I can breathe again

      Thanks for your kind words
      I will pass them on to mum x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x