Saturday 15 August 2015

Today is the day

As the title of this post suggests 
Today is the day of Mums retirement do
The visitors are here
The house has been cleaned to within an inch of its life
Beds are changed with fresh white linen
Many meals have been made
Hair and make up are being prepared
Dresses and shirts are being ironed
Dogs are wondering what the heck is going on
Bottles of wine are being opened 
Gifts are being wrapped
Music is playing loudly 
Excitement is in the air
And nerves are frayed
But all in a good cause

Myself and my sister organised this thing
Do we are hoping that it goes off without a hitch 
All in all
There will be 15 - 17 for drinks and dinner
And last night my sister sprang it on me
And asked me to make a speech
I'm like really?
24 hours before the event 
You ask me to make a speech?
I will do it
But people 
You can bank on the fact that it will be short and sweet 
A quick thank you for coming 
And a toast to Mum
That's about as far as my speech making abilities stretch 

I've decided on the orange dress for sure 
As I think it suits my hair better 
And I feel comfortable in it 

So now I must dash and continue the preparations 
Here's hoping it all goes well....

5 comments:

  1. I think you looked lovely in the orange dress. It would have been nice for a bit more notice with the speech, but I'm sure you'll do great. Have fun Ruby, can't wait to hear about how it went xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne
      As always
      I will keep you posted x

      Delete
  2. Good luck Rubs! You'll make an amazing speech for sure, as you have such a way with words. Can't wait to hear how you get on. Will be thinking of you! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, an event! I read over your previous posts to understand :P
    Have fun and enjoy yourself Ruby dear! You'll look stunning too~
    And I'm sure you'll make a great speech ^_^
    Missed you!

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Fingers crossed it all goes well. It's a bit short notice for a speech, but with your gift with words I'm sure you'll come up with something. Keep it simple, state the facts, don't be afraid to be a little generic if it eases the pressure.

    Good luck (again)! Mwah! <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x