Thursday 4 September 2014

33

It's my birthday on Sunday
Usually I don't look forward to  my birthday
Usually it only means that I have clocked up another year in the midst of this illness
Usually it means  that I go out for meal that I don't want and don't keep down
Usually I really don't enjoy it
But this year?
This year is different
This year I am really looking forward to my birthday
I am turning 33
But really I still feel like a teenager
But that's ok
Most people I know feel younger than they are

I am going to enjoy it this year
Because I am striving for recovery
Because I am going to do what I want to do (Afternoon Tea)
With the people I want to be around
Because I feel stronger
Because I feel happier
Because now my life is getting better
Because I am getting better
Because for the first time ever, I believe that I have a future
Because I actually can't believe I made it to 33 relatively unscathed
Because my body and my mind are healthier
Because it's a reason to celebrate
Because my family and I have suffered enough
Because it will be fun
And I deserve some fun
Because it's an excuse to get dressed up and go out
Because I've never really enjoyed my birthday
Because I am worth it


5 comments:

  1. Wish I could send you a present....
    Cause.... it should be the best birthday éver!
    Because you're still fighting, because you're recovering, because you are you....

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to hear you're looking forward to your birthday this year. I have a card to drop in the post for you, sorry it'll be a tad late!

    Lots of love <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, a few days early! If you do another blog post on or before your birthday, I'll prob say it again, but just in case you don't.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope your day is fantastic and amazing (as you are) and that you feel the love, enjoy each minute, laugh a lot, and smile!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got so proud and happy for you when I read this! You do deserve all of this, to be happy, to enjoy your birthday, with family, friends, your dogs, whoever you want to spend it with!
    Also, it's good to feel young! I hate when young people say "I'm so old", like, who the hell wants to get old anyways? Enjoy your youth for as long as you want : )

    I'm so happy for you Ruby! I hope you are able to keep a good mindset and enjoy every bit of your 33rd birthday!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. An early happy birthday Ruby dear!
    Enjoy it :) 33 isn't old! And you look young :D so it's great to feel young!

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x