Sunday 15 March 2015

Mothers Day

Usually I spend Mothering Sunday with my Mum
Usually I make her breakfast in bed 
Give her gifts
And bring her out for lunch
However 
This year is different 
This year my sister brought my mum to Prague for a few days
They arrived yesterday
And are living it up in a beautiful suite in a stunning hotel
I'm so glad that mum got to go away
God knows she deserves a break

So I am at home
Not home alone though
My Dad has come to keep me company for a few days
And of course Honey and Lea are never far from my side
I made my Dad dinner yesterday
Italian beef stew
I'm always meaning to post some recipes here
I can make a few dishes well
Taught to me by my sister who is an amazing cook
Anyway
I will get around to it at some stage 
So my Dad and I are spending quality time together
And are making dinner for my other sister and my nephew
Who are coming down later

Mother's Day reminds me how lucky I am
To have a mum that stood by me through everything we have been through
It reminds me to thank my lucky stars that I have a strong, kind and selfless mother
I have put my mother through more than any one person should have to take
Through my rebellious teenage years
Through my drug fuelled twenties
And of course through the eating disordered years
Which are still going on to a certain extent
Yes
I have broke my mothers heart more times than I care to remember
She has given me endless second chances
More than I deserved
So thank you Mum
For being there
And for knowing when to turn your back
For holding my hand through everything
For never giving up hope on me
For believing in me when I couldn't believe in myself
For carrying me when I couldn't walk
For loving me when I didn't love myself
For being strong when I was weak
Thank you

I'm doing my level best to get back on track
I've planned my week with things to keep me occupied
Unfortunately
Because I am getting my using under control 
My ED behaviours seem to be spinning out of control
Purging has increased some
I'm weighing multiple times a day
Although my weight seems to be staying stable
Fluctuating a kilo or so either side
I don't know if I am happy at the Wright I'm at
I mean
It's fine
It's ok
It's not fantastic 
I don't feel super good or confident
But I can accept it
And maybe that's enough for now
Maybe this is as good as it gets for me

After the dentist last Friday
I went to Rivet Island for a look
I found a lovely navy and white striped dress
With pockets and a tulip skirt
I took in a size 8 and a size 10
The 8 fit me perfectly
And I really liked it
I didn't buy it though
Not like me I know
But I think I am going to go back and buy it tomorrow
I will post photos too

Two of my crowns came out when o was eating chocolate yesterday
I bought some polygrip to try and secure them back in 
But that didn't work too well 
So it's back to the dentist tomorrow
To get them cemented back in
Pain in the buttocks 
But it has to be done

Anyway
I'm off to make dinner
See you on the next post.....


3 comments:

  1. You're doing so well. Steps like this mean everything. They might eel small to you, but what's that saying about a journey of a thousand miles starting with a single step? I've said it before but I'll say it again - one foot in front of the other. It's what I used to tell myself when I was struggling. The more you keep reminding yourself that you can do it, that you can keep moving, keep going, the easier it is to believe. Sending you love and best wishes across the grey sea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl for your support
      And yes
      Baby steps all the way
      I know I can turn this around
      I just need to keep my head
      And put one foot in front of the other
      I will get there eventually x

      Delete
  2. We have some pretty special mums :) A lot of the time I'm surprised mine still puts up with me - most wouldn't.

    Lots of love to you dear <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x