Friday 19 June 2015

Memories

During my last session with Mary
She reminded me of a time when she asked me to show her a photo of a time when I felt happy and content 
I remember bringing in the photo to her
It was taken seven or eight years ago
I was in my early twenties
My weight was stable
And even though I had my struggles
I remember feeling pretty good back then

The photo was taken in my brothers house
And I am surrounded by my brother
My mother
My nephew 
And my sister
I like this photo as I think I look healthy
Like I don't have a care in the world
There's a spark in my eyes
And I look alive

There's another photo I have that I like
It's no exaggeration to say that these two photos are probably the only ones I like of myself
This one was taken in Avignon
In France
Again about seven years ago
We stayed in a beautiful apartment
And it was one of my favourite holidays ever
In the photo
I am sitting by the door 
Waiting for my family before we head out to dinner 
I'm reading 
And seem engrossed in the book 
I have a cup of tea beside me
And a cigarette in my hand 
I wasn't aware at the time that the photo was being taken
And that is probably a good thing
As I look more natural 
To be honest 
I was struggling a lot at this time 
Was underweight 
And purged my way around France 
But even though things were tough 
I still really enjoyed the holiday
And have precious memories of it

Both these photos bring back lovely memories
And prove that there were times in my past when I was happy
Things weren't perfect
But then when are they perfect?
These photos are so precious to me
In my house
I am the one that buys photo frames 
And displays the photos 
I just think that having an actual photo
is amazing
It's great to have them on the computer
Or memory stick
But holding an actual photo is one of life's little pleasures 
For me anyway

So
On to the photos......





4 comments:

  1. Nice!
    You and your family have taken some wonderful family holidays!

    (OK I'm just going to throw a pity part here and add one of the beefs I have with my family is... they never bothered to take many pics of me at all....now I'm always taking pics of people....so they never feel forgotten.)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. One more thing. Although I am loathe to comment on appearances ... you are a perfectly charming looking individual. Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Shelby
      I'm constantly taking photos
      To capture a moment in time
      And the people in it

      Aw thank you for saying so
      I tend to avoid appearance comments too
      But I know yours Comes from a good place
      So thank you x

      Delete
  3. I'm the same with photos, I still need to print all mine out and catalog them. I have loads of frames around my room. I have no wall and shelf space because of it.
    I love my holiday photos from the South Pacific. My fiancé gets the good ones framed for me as presents throughout the year.
    I totally agree with you about holding a photo. It truely is one of life's little pleasures. I'm also the type of person that still writes snail mail.
    I love the photos you post and I agree you look content in the photos here.
    Take care dear x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x