Friday 10 July 2015

Weekend Away

I'm heading away this weekend 
With my Mother and sister 
We are not going far 
Just to the next county to visit my uncle 
I'll try to post over the next couple of days
But if I don't 
I guess it's good to take a break sometimes too
There are times when I put pressure on myself to blog
I try to blog every day
As it helps me make sense of things 
It's something I do every day
One day at a time
It gives my day structure 
And routine
But I guess I should blog when I feel like it
And not put pressure on myself 
But that is me
An All or nothing type of gal

I don't really have the travel bug
Nevet really have 
When I finished school
I told everyone that I was going travelling
More than a decade later 
I still haven't gone 
I suppose I am a home bird
I like the comfort and safety of my house
Going out causes me anxiety
And I tend to go to the same places everyday
At the same time
And when I go out for the day
I am counting the hours until I can go home again 

Don't get me wrong 
I love to go on holiday 
I love airports and flying
I love trains and buses 
I actually like the travelling part
I love staying in hotels or B&Bs
I guess I've never actually organised my own holiday
I've always gone away on trips that someone else has arranged
So I've been doing things that others want to do
If I organised my own holiday
And did what I want to do
I'm sure I would enjoy it much more

The other thing I don't like about travelling is packing 
I am a terrible packer
Take this weekend 
We are going away for two nights
And Nike sports bag is bursting at the seams with clothes and shoes
I always bring more than I need
Just in case
Just in case it snows 
I will bring all my winter wear
Just in case I decide to climb a mountain
I will bring all my hiking gear
Just in case....
I inevitably only wear about one third of the stuff I bring
But it eases my mind to know that they are there

So here is what I am bringing

1 leather jacket
1 rain jacket
2 x jeans - 1 blue, 1 navy
3 x trousers - 1 blue tight, 1 blue baggy, 1 mustard
2 x t-shirts - 1navy, 1 white 
2 x hoodys 
1 x cardigan

You know 
Just in case

I was wondering about you 
Do you like travelling?
Or are you more of a home bird like me?
Are you a good packer?
Or are you a pack everything just in case kind of person?
Answers on a postcard please.....

12 comments:

  1. This made me smile! I also always take too much, "just in case". I'm worst with books, and they are so heavy and take up so much space, but it's always "just in case" I might want to read X or Y or maybe Z would fit the bill better...
    Have a lovely, peaceful, fun weekend away with your folk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!
      I am the same with books
      I think us girls like to have options when it comes to outfits
      I keep adding more to my bag
      You know
      Just in case..... X

      Delete
  2. I love traveling and going to new places, I've lives in most parts of Australia too because of my dad's work. I'm Alright at packing, I bring everything I need. On one trip to Newcastle (Australia) I forgot to pack underwear and had one pair for a two day trip... Oops.
    My fiancé packs a trip's worth of clothes in his backpack and that's all he needs
    I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with airports and planes. Nine times out of ten I have an anxiety attack at the airport. I can't fly without my headphones as screaming babies are a trigger for anxiety.
    I've been to Thailand, Singapore, and a few other places around the South Pacific. My dream is to go through Japan. There are many other places I'd like to see. I definitely have the travel bug, as does my cousin who has literally been all over the planet.
    Money is the only thing really holding me back.
    Hope you enjoy your holiday, take care dear xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he
      I'm laughing at you forgetting your pants
      I went to Spain once
      And brought two different sandals
      So I had the right and left of two different black sandals
      Had to go all over Barcelona looking for a comfortable pair
      Not an easy feat in 30 degree heat x

      Delete
  3. I only traveled once in my life, and I didn't want to come back to my mother island. It was a time for me to escape to a place where no one knows me. It was a place where I could finally put my mind at rest. Not only that, I relaxed a little, and slept, and loved the cold weather (as winter is my favourite season). I cried on the air plane when it was time to come back. I would travel in a blink if I had the money. Hopefully I will do so on student exchanges :) ..
    For packing, I let mum take over. I'm afraid of doing anything wrong, so when she takes over I just let her.

    Have fun on your holiday! :) and take care :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the cool thing about being away
      No one knows us
      Or our history
      We can be whoever we want to be x

      Delete
  4. I'm the exact opposite, a born traveler. When I was little and the tinkers came to Achill in the summer I used to fantasize about running away with them. One girl up the road actually did (village scandal!!) and I was so jealous of her. My ultimate fantasy is to find some craft or trade I can do with the Renaissance Faire, and travel with them. They're basically gypsies, traveling all over the country all the time from one Ren Faire to the next.

    We are the same with packing.... Just going away for one night I can barely fit everything in my car. A lady ought to be prepared for all possible weather conditions!

    Have a good time on your trip, and don't feel pressured to blog if you're too busy having a good time with real life stuffs. Just take lots of pictures. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds amazing!
      I wouldn't last a week though
      I'd be longing for my own bed

      Thanks hun
      I will try and take some photos tomorrow x

      Delete
  5. Heck no. I'm hopeless. I am chaotic. I usually chuck some stupid items in last minute and I'm always cold and have to buy clothes at the destination. God love you ruby. You're a stereotypical perfectionist! Have fun xoxo shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am Shelby
      With some things
      And other things I'm very relaxed about x

      Delete
  6. I am definitely a home bird! I do the same thing with packing. It's ridiculous the amount of stuff I think I need. BUT....there have been times that I've been grateful for my overpacking. I get anxious about that part though for some reason. I'll start days in advance and the night before I'll flit from room to room trying to predict what else I might need.

    Have fun on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so like that too!
      Clothes everywhere!

      Thank you x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x