Wednesday 7 October 2015

Wednesday

I am feeling pretty bruised today
After yesterday
Failing my driving test
And then being attacked on my own blog
By 'anonymous' of course
Because these people don't have the courage of their convictions
To comment under their real name
I'm not getting in to the whole thing again today
I explained myself yesterday
Even though I am under no obligation to
I know that I am not doing anything wrong
But yes I have made mistakes 
I am not perfect 
Far from it
I make mistakes every single day
That's life 
That's reality 

This is the thing about writing a blog
And putting yourself out there 
You are open to insult and ridicule 
I know a lot of you disable anonymous comments 
I haven't done this 
And I don't plan to
But it means that anyone can say/write anything to you and about you
99% of the feedback I get here on my blog is positive 
I really get very little negative feedback
But it's ok
Of course we are not all going to agree all the time
It was just the way this anonymous comment was worded
Was really nasty and scathing 
I don't know if this person is a regular reader
Or someone who just stumbled across my blog
It doesn't matter 
But I feel they were having a go at me because they saw an opportunity to bring someone down a peg or two 
And of course 
I am human 
My feelings get hurt 
I think it's pretty low to kick someone while they are down 
When they are vulnerable 
They could have made their point a little more delicately I think

Of course
I am not a special little snowflake
I am a big girl 
And I can take a bit of criticism 
It's just that I felt this was an attack 
More than someone offering some constructive criticism 

Look
I am doing my best
Putting my life back together after suffering with many chronic conditions
I do my best to do the right thing
To be a good person 
Not to hurt myself or anyone else 
I ask for help everyday 
To be the best person I can be
The past year has been really tough
As I try and put back together the pieces of my life 
I know I'm not doing everything perfectly
Who is?
I am trying to do the next right thing 
In every area of my life

I don't know if my anonymous commenter will read this 
But if you are 
I would ask you to think before you write/speak
You could have made your point in a very different way 
Instead 
You instigated an argument 
And I didn't know how you felt after it
But I felt pretty rotten
I would even go one step further
And invite you to email me 
To clear things up
As I hate the way they've been left
But maybe you don't even care 
Maybe you've already forgotten and moved on
I on the other hand 
Am probably too sensitive
And let things like this get to me

I'm just trying to live my life the best way I know how
I am not doing anything to provoke or hurt anyone else 
I am not a bad person 
At least I don't think I am
I really felt attacked yesterday 
And felt like this person questioned me and my whole life
I just want to live my life 
Be a good person 
Do the right thing 
And lay my head down at night
Knowing that today
I did my very best 

Everyone makes mistakes 
It's human nature 
But those mistakes shouldn't be used against us
Again and again
We should be allowed to make the mistake 
Learn
And move on
We can't be tried for our mistakes over and over again
That's just not fair or right

As regards my driving test
Al least now I know what I need to work on
And I know what to expect 
I will take the time to revise and learn and practise everything I need to
And apply to do it again soon
To those of you who left lovely comments  and texts 
Thank you 
As ever 
You are there for me
And I am eternally grateful 


19 comments:

  1. Hi, Sweetie, just finished commenting your last post-! Please read it [& I'll hv a read @ This one-!]

    I imagine you're still fairly upset (I would be!!) but kno you're still loved & treasured by your Blogimy [Blog-family'] SO v much. Never forget-!
    PLEASE be 0kay !!!
    <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete
  2. You state your case so classily, Rubs-!! : )

    It's just a shame you hafta make one on your own Blog! : (

    'Good on ya,' speaking up for yourself…you truly live up to your Rubly nickname--now & ALWAYS.

    I LOVE YOU-!!!!!!!
    x Jils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jils
      For making me smile when I feel like crying
      You are an angel x

      Delete
    2. Nein;
      [but if you like, we'll carry one wing apiece-!]
      ; )

      Delete
  3. Ruby, I had to disable anonymous because of the spam and because of one selfish insecure woman who would write nasty things due to her jealousy...

    I agree with a quote that goes something like this... what people say about you says much more about them.... people need to stop judging, every last one of us has and continues to make mistakes... we are human xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Launna,

      I guess I felt personally attacked
      And that is a horrible feeling
      However
      It takes more than a few nasty words to bring me down
      I will keep on moving forward
      As ever x

      Delete
  4. don't let them bring you down!!

    stuff em

    i know how hard and shit it is putting your life back together. im still doing it because i lack skills others take for granted.

    everyone can fuck off and die with their preachy holier than thou bullshit.

    xoxo shelby


    ive had a tough work week and a workplace death and looks like i'll be involved in some kind of investigation, just a formality but stressy so i wont be commenting much in the next week or so :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Shelby
      That sounds serious
      I hope you ar ok
      And don't worry about not commenting
      We all totally understand
      Some things are more important

      Take care x

      Delete
    2. Nah its ok. I just cant goof off at work this week as.theres a lot of extra people.

      Delete
    3. Whew-! THAT'S good to hear-!!
      (I'd left you a reply here AGES ago, but I see it's somehow erased >.>)
      'Hugs' to you AnyWay <3 Jils

      Delete
  5. hope you are feeling bit better about everything this afternoon,the odd negative anons (just wrote onions ha ha) are always far outnumbered by all the rest of us who understand your struggles and love you to bits. don't let it get to you,thats the reaction they are after or they'd leave a name. Jo xx ps took my test 5 times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      I do feel s little better this evening
      Thankfully
      I will put this behind me
      And move on x

      Delete
  6. You're not perfect?!? You make mistakes?!?!?!?? UNACCEPTABLE.

    Some people just can't help but be nasty. In a way I feel sorry for them because they have to be pretty miserable themselves to get off on making other people feel bad. And not one of them has the balls to post comments under an actual name.

    Then there's the passive-aggressive self righteous eejits who simply can't grasp when to keep their mouths shut. I have no patience for them, in real life or on the internet. If you can't say something nice, then shut the feck up.

    Remember how many people love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he
      Thanks Mich
      I love your sense of humour
      How I would love if we could meet for a coffee and a good ol' chat
      You girls here are my best friends
      And I am so very grateful for your friendship

      I know!!
      How very stupid of me
      Perfection is mandatory x

      Delete
    2. I might be headed home some time in March, so perhaps a coffee and a chat could happen.....

      Delete
    3. Oh I would just love that!!
      I think that would be so cool
      Seeing as you are on the west coast too
      Keep me posted on when you are coming.... X

      Delete
    4. Pics or it didn't happen! I think we on Blogland need to start playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon. Er, separation.

      Delete
  7. I think you're very brave still keeping anon comments on. I can't do it. My theory is, if they really want to contact me, my email's there for that reason. Surprisingly enough, no one's gone through the effort to send me hate.

    I'm sorry their comment has had such an impact on you. I'm sure this anon didn't mean to come across as nasty. With varying laws worldwide and not everyone having the same rules as a learner, I think it's easy to get things muddled up.

    Sending lots of love and hugs (and big hugs to you too, Shelby!) <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks chook

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x