Thursday 31 December 2015

New Years Eve

I just wanted to take the opportunity to wish all my readers, commenters and friends a very happy new year
It's hard to believe that another year has passed
And 2016 is just around the corner
I sincerely hope that he coming year is a good one
I guess it's down to me to make that happen
2015 started well
I was in a good place
Mood was good
Weight was stable 
Purging was at a minimum 
But the past couple of months have been tough
And I'm struggling to bounce back after my second bout of pancreatitis 
However 
I am fighting hard to get on top of this slip 
Before it turns in to a complete relapse 
Purging is a problem again 
And am purging up to five times a day 
I know 
This is not good 
For my physical health
My mental health 
It's a merry-go-round that's nigh on impossible to get off 
I don't want to stArt off the new year on a bad foot 

So happy new year to you
Where ever you may be
Who ever you are 
Thank you for reading this year
For commenting
Texting 
Emailing 
For supporting me 
For being there
For being honest with me even when it's hard to hear
Thank you for never judging me
For being a friend 
For catching me when I fell
For helping me put myself back together after I fell apart
For cheering me on through the good times
And never turning your back on me through the tough times 
Your words 
Your thoughts and wishes mean more to me than you will ever know 
I'm so grateful for this community 
Dwindling as it may be
It's a life line 
It's having human contact when real life doesn't provide it
I hope that the coming year is a good one for you
I hope all your hopes and dreams come true 
That tou meet all your goals and aspirations 
I hope the year is full of laughter and love
That it's the best year yet
Because you deserve it
We deserve it
God knows we have suffered enough 
If you make one promise this new year
Promise to be kinder to yourself
We are our own worst critic
Our very own bully 
We are so very hard on ourselves
And that has to stop
We need to look after ourselves
Because if we don't 
Who will?
The next time you go to best yourself up
Or tear yourself down
Stop
Think
Would you say this to a friend?
To a loved one?
I'm willing to bet not 
So why do we do it to ourselves?
Please 
Just be a bit nicer to you
You will feel the benefits 
I promise you

Happy new year
To you and yours 
Let's hope it's a good one....

8 comments:

  1. hope so to,keep on fighting and happy new year dear ruby, much love millie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Millie
      And we will
      It's going to be the best year yet! X

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Ruby, I hope it is a joy filled year for you xox ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launna
      I wish the very same for you x

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year gorgeous. Use all your energy to make it a positive, healthy, happy one. You can do it. <3 xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you dear friend
      Let's make this one count! X

      Delete
  4. Happy new year! Wish you all the best for 2016 xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x