Tuesday 3 May 2016

Day 2 in hospital

Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare
The couldn't get any of my meds
The only one they could get was the mirtazapine
They had to order the reat
And because it was a bank holiday
The pharmacy was closed 
And I couldn't get my methadone 
Luckily I had tablets at home 
So my Dad brought them in
No methadone though
My Dad came in to visit at 2pm
So I took my meds then 
I started to get sleep at around 3pm
So Dad left 
And I had an epic sleep until 8pm
I'm not fasting anymore 
So I can have a light diet
Of tea and toast
Or soup and bread
I'm actually sick of tea and toast by this stage

I've been getting pain killers IV since yesterday morning 
But they won't give me any opiates because I'm on methadone 
So the weak tablets I am on are not really touching the pain
Last night
My cannula started to get sore 
And I looked at my arm 
It had swollen by about 50%
At first I thought I was seeing things 
But comparing it to my other arm
It really had ballooned
The nurse immediately took the needle out 
And a doctor out one in my other arm
This morning my arm is still swollen
Now I know what I would look like if a gained 50 pounds
Very strange 

Took me a while to get to sleep last night 
And the lovely nurses made me two cups of tea
The other women in my wars are elderly
And they are some characters
Constantly laughing and joking 
One woman is 90 years old
And she is the life and soul of the ward
Most of the time I am in too much pain to join in
But I like listening to them

I woke before 7am this morning 
And the ward has been a hive of activity since then 
At the moment I am lying down listening to the radio
And waiting to see the doctor
I still in pain 
And can't get comfortable 
Not matter what way I lie

Anyway
Below is a photo of my swollen arm 
And some pics of the horse show 
Enjoy...












8 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos of the horse show, you really look the part! I'm keeping you very much in my thoughts, praying for your recovery real quick! Sending big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending love and wishing you get well soons <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap, I haven't been online for a while and then this! Oh, sweet Ruby, I hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you got to enjoy the show before all this, I suppose!

    Hope you get well soon. Take this as another wake-up call maybe? Your body is trying to tell you to get well!!

    Love you.<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty hair you have. Anyway, hope you feel better and can go home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was worried you'd taken a tumble at the show when I started reading the last post (not that pancreatis is any better!)
    That sucks about the meds. It's a good thing they allowed you to BYO most of them. I swear nurses should have "making tea & coffee" as part of their job description.

    You look very much the part in your fancy horse show clothes! That second photo of you riding - your smile is just stunning. It's beautiful to see you so happy.

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely lovely pictures!but omg get well soon, dear Ruby! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x