Friday 13 June 2014

New clothes

I saw Mary today
It was so good to be able to give her  positive report of my week
I've been seeing Mary for almost 3 years
And for most of that time I have been really struggling
Losing weight
Purging endlessly
Isolating myself
Abusing my meds
Feeling anxious and depressed
Not wanting to live
There have been so many tears
So many emotional breakdowns in that room
Family meetings
Euphoric highs
Crippling lows
Mary has seen me at my very worst
And the great thing is that now she gets to see me feeling a lot better
It came just at the right time as she is leaving after the summer
The funding for her job has been cut
Like so many other things in this country at the moment
She starts her new job as a suicide crisis nurse September 1st

She said that there will be no one appointed to deal with eating disorders
But that I will be seen by someone if I need to
I have seen so  many counsellors and therapists over the years
Mary was by far the best
She will be sorely missed
By me and all the people she sees
I am glad though that I am in a better place
At least that is something

As I wrote yesterday I bought some new clothes
I am really quite pleased with them
They are going some way to helping me feel better about my new body

Here they are...........







6 comments:

  1. you look absolutely beautiful. your new clothes look darling on you! <3
    and i'm wishing you and Mary luck.
    you deserve only good things in life x
    i'm short on words but i love you.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sweety! I like your new clothes, especially the green one, last picture..

    You could not give Mary a better farewell present than letting her see that you're doing better, bit by bit, one step at a time....

    She must be very proud?

    You know what's also nice to see by the way, in the pictures? You look happier.... not so..... zoned out....

    love, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look totally amazing and I love the clothes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great outfits but I agree those green ones are the best. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clothes look good on you Ruby, I love your positive attitude ... the bumps will come but I think you are on your way... keep fighting as you are worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop it. You are just TOO CUTE! I can't handle it :) I especially love love love those floral trousers.

    You probably have some kind of plan for what you're going to do for Mary, but if you need anything knitted, I'm putting the offer out there. I'd be happy to knit her a present, free of charge, since she has made such a positive impact in your life.

    I'm going to post something today that's a little more level headed, so don't be worried.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x