Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wednesday

I was up early this morning 
To get things ready before I went horse riding
Those things being walking and feeding the dogs
As we were gone about three hours
I generally try not to leave them on their own for too long
3-4 hours is a long time for a dog
But once in a while it is ok
We were all heading in to town this morning 
My Mum was going to get book club
And myself and my sister heading a further half hour away to the stables
We left at about 10 30am
Stopped at the bank to get money 
Dropped Mum in town 
And continued on until we reached the stables 
Today I was on Star again
The teacher tells me that Star is the best horse to learn on
We did a lot of trotting today
And holy shit!
My ass kills!
I need to get some padding on there ASAP
But as ever 
It was so enjoyable 
The teacher asked me if I was free over Easter 
And if I would like to help with the camps she'll be doing with kids on their half term break
I was so excited to be asked
And said I would definitely love to do it 
So that is another thing to look forward to

Here are some photos from today....









12 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous horses! You are doing really well. Your progress makes me happy and gives me hope that things will eventually look up if you fight hard enough.Keep fighting!
    Lots of love
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous horses! You are doing really well. Your progress makes me happy and gives me hope that things will eventually look up if you fight hard enough.Keep fighting!
    Lots of love
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful Pia
      Myself and Star are becoming firm friends

      I'm so glad to read you have hope
      I believe in you
      And you will get to where you want to be x

      Delete
  3. That looks and sounds like so much fun! Star is beautiful, but I think I might have a soft spot for the squirrelly-eyed brown one. ha! I already miss my horse from the equine program at treatment. We really bonded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SW
      So much fun
      I just love it!

      Oh you did equine therapy too?
      How did you find it? X

      Delete
    2. I did!! Technically I didn't find the program, it sort of found me. :) A friend of a friend recommended it. It was not a riding program. We learned liberty training, plus talked and bonded with our horses. The instructor was very insightful about matching us up with a horse that would both compliment and challenge our personality. He was also very good at tailoring his lessons to our recovery, how we approach people, and what our communication skills look like.

      Delete
  4. Aahhh I miss my horse so much! It's great to live vicariously through you, looks and sounds like you're having a whale of a time at the stables! HUGGSS xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have a horse Annie?
      That's awesome
      Do you still ride? X

      Delete
    2. Yeah, used to have three, Mouse, Jempi and Teddy. Then Mouse had a foal, Daisy. When I ran away from home, I had to leave them all behind, and I haven't ridden since. X

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty pony! And yes, building up the arse cushion is crucial if you want to ride horses regularly. I wish it wasn't so expensive here, my wobbly arse could use the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Mich
      I badly need some padding if I am going to continue
      And it will be nice to actually have an arse too! X

      Delete
  6. Wow, exciting stuff to be helping out at the camps! So glad this is all turning out so well for you.

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x