Thursday 7 June 2012

As sick as our secrets

Hey guys,
I hope you're well today,

I'm kind of reeling today after my session with Mary yesterday.
I was so nervous going in to see her that I even considered cancelling the appointment.
But I sucked it up and decided to take some responsibility for once in my life. The first question she always asks me is 'So how have you been?'
I explained that it had been a tough week and firstly about the laxatives. She looked concerned and told me about the adverse effects of laxative abuse. I nodded that I understood but didn't tell that it meant nothing to me if they ravaged my body. I wish I card more but I don't.
I knew  that if I put it off any longer that I wouldn't go through with it but it was so hard to find the words.
Eventually I got it out and said 'There's something else I've been doing that I haven't told you about, I've been shoplifting food and other items' I braced myself for a look of horror but she just took a moment and then said 'ok'. I explained how it hard started when I was  using drugs and I had just never stopped.
She told I would get caught, no two ways about it.
She told me that the shops I lift from may already know what I'm doing and could be gathering evidence until they are 100% sure. She said the shops will know exactly what items are going missing when they are stocktaking so that would also give me away.
This absolutely terrified me, to think that they may already know. I live in a small town so the word would spread like wildfire. On a good note it has scared me enough to make me stop. I was starting to feel invincible. that I would never get caught. This information changes everything. The thought of getting caught now terrifies me enough not to do it. In the end I was glad I told her. Holding all to all these secrets is draining, having to look over my shoulder all the time. I want to be able to sleep at night knowing I did the right thing today.

She then asked me how I was getting on with my meds. I told her I had overused one day.
She then explained that because this behaviour could harm me that she would have to tell my doctor and my psychiatrist. I had a feeing she was going to say this. I asked her for the option of telling my doctor myself on Monday. She agreed to this but said if she saw him before that, which see probably would, that she would have to tell him. I felt heartbroken because I know my doctor will be disappointed in me. He thinks I'm doing so well. I know she's doing this to help me but that doesn't make it any easier at the moment.
I get a weeks supply of meds so they will probably change this to picking it up every second day.
This is a pain in the ass but I understand why they need to do this. My mother will be happy about this so that makes me happy.

So that's it, all my dirty little secrets are out.
I do feel relieved, no more lying. no more stealing no more feeling guilty.
After seeing Mary I went to a shop that I normally lift from. The fear was there so I bought and paid for all my items. I guess it's a healthy fear so that's good.

I came home and I could just feel a binge coming on.
I had all these feelings flying around and I didn't know what to do with myself.
By the end of the day I had binged and purged 10-12 times. I haven't had a day that bad in a while and I was exhausted afterwards.
Today is a new day. A lot of the time I keep binge food in the house and this has to stop. I really need a break from it, it's doing my head in. I have my food planned for the day and I intend to stick to it.

Thanks for reading this and for your support,

Much love to you xxx

16 comments:

  1. Hey :)
    I am so proud of you that you found the courage to confide in Mary about eveything. I am really impressed that you told her about abusing your meds.. I know it might feel like a pain only having a day or two supply but at least it will help you in the long run and give your mum some peace of mind <3

    I am so sorry you b/p that many times, you must be so tired, poor you. i hope you can stick to your plan, I know things always work out a bit better if you have something to adhere to so I hope it works for you.

    much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie,
    I guess it's a small price to pay for peace of mind and you're so right my mother will also have peace.
    I hope you are well. Much love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you for telling Mary. It's true about getting caught and that they might already know. I hope you can remember that if the urge comes again. I dont think your doctor will be disappointed in you, he knows you are struggling with a lot of things and this is part of what your problems are - they just want to help you.
    Well done, you courageous girl. Hang in there, you will make it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona for all your support, I know you understand.
      Hopefully this the end of the shoplifting for good and your right my doctor is very approachable so I have no need to worry. Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  4. hey ruby, well done! i am not judging,lets face it; multinational supermarketchains, you won't hurt anyone there - but you are hurting yourself! please do not risk that! maybe its about time to go back to university? or find a nice job? or take on a different sport? you love your dogs, maybe horse riding could be something, you will be outside, enjoy the speed and there is always some adrenaline envolved?
    don't know if that helps, but maybe keeping busy could be an option?
    please do not ruin your life by something as petty as shoplifting! you have come too far for that!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loulou, you're right, I have too much time on my hands and the devil makes work for idle hands and all that. Horse riding had crossed my mind and I think I will look into it.
      Thanks for your suggestions, love ya lots xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you told Mary your secrets, well done love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that telling Mary helped you feel better, and now you won't feel the need to shoplift. Good for you for puchasing your items. That's great. I'm glad that talking to her made you feel better. I am sorry you binged and purged so much yesterday. Today is new and you can do it.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, today is a new day, that's the great thing, that we get to start over every day, thanks for your support Katie xxx

      Delete
  7. It's okay Ruby. To me you are doing great. I can hear well read in your post that you want to get better. I know sometimes you have to fight the ed side, the drug side, the shoplifting side. It's no wonder you haven't gone crazy no offense.

    Whatever you are doing is working. Sometimes we all fall. I haven't heard you mention binging like that lately so I assume it has not be controlling your life as much. You are learning to tone it down. I know the emotions are overwhelming so I do not blame you. That is how I feel when I want to cut. It feels like I have no outlet, weird huh.

    You sound like you are doing good so far today. Oh and I hope the doc understands. I know he will do what he must but I think he will see that you have been trying as well. He is going to do what he can to help you further.

    Okay I talked enough ^_^ I will see you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winter, yes the binging was out of control yesterday, today has been much better, haven't binged or purged at all, much love xxx

      Delete
  8. Ruby Ruby!! You rock! =D I'm SO proud of you for telling her, I didn't even think about them gathering evidence, I have seen this done before.
    My counsellor often tells me about the dangers of not eating, purging, etc etc, and she knows that losing weight is more important to me than taking care of myself :s
    Taking your meds supervised, or just getting a daily supply is probably the best thing right now and you are telling Mary things that will result in the best thing being done for you... I can't tell you how happy and proud that makes me for you.. and your mum! She obviously cares a great deal about you and wants the best for you.
    Sorry I haven't commented on your last few posts, I've just felt kind of mute lately.. But I have been reading and routing for you from my corner of the globe x

    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much sweetie, that means a lot to me and yes hopefully this will result in good things for everyone.
    I really hope you're doing ok, don't hesitate to contact me if you're not, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too much purging :( but still I'm so proud of you that you got all the things out. That's right we're as sick as our secrets. And even more proud of that you have stopped shoplifting ^^.

    Keep this up darling <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good on you for stopping. Trust me you DON'T want to be on the list of "Known Shoplifter" mugshots that gets posted in teh staffroom. You also get the dubious privilege of having a discreet staffmember (usually a guy) tail you around the shop every time you go in :(

    Lies are like an infected cut that never gets air. Honesty cleans them out, and while it hurts like a mofo it's better in the long run.

    We have to believe that there is hope, that there is life beyond out current hells. You travel a thousand miles one step at a time, so I figure we get out of this one bit at a time. A minute at a time. One habit change at a time. It is possible, right?

    Take care of yourself and if you need a laugh, some awesome and some silly:
    http://youtu.be/amNF_F6oeRU
    http://youtu.be/_aELcXyjpts

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x