The mother of a student thought to have taken highly toxic diet pills bought online has appealed to others not to consume them.
Eloise Parry, 21, from Shrewsbury died in hospital on 12 April after becoming unwell.
Police say the tablets were believed to contain dinitrophenol, known as DNP, an industrial chemical.
Eloise's mother Fiona said that it was 'an awful way to die' and people should not take the drug in any quantity.
Glyndwr university student Eloise initially attended A and E after taking more than the recommended dose of tablets.
Her mother told the BBC that the pills appeared to be Eloise's little fix adding, 'this allowed her to achieve her Superskinny appearance but it cost her her life'.
Fiona Parry said she had no idea her daughter was taking the pills until after she died describing them as bad news.
Eloise had walked in to the Royal Shrewsbury hospital herself and there was no great panic until a toxicology report revealed how dire her situation was.
As the drug kicked in it made her metabolism soar. 'They attempted to co her down but they were fighting an uphill battle. She was literally burning up from within, when her heart stopped, they couldn't revive her. She has crashed. Two tablets was a lethal dose and she had taken eight'.
Dinitrophenol or DNP is highly toxic and not intended for human consumption.
An industrial chemical, it is sold illegally in diet pills as a fat burning substance.
Users experience a metabolism boost leading to weight loss but taking even a few tablets can be fatal.
Signs of acute poisoning include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, flushed skin, sweating, dizziness, headaches, rapid respiration and irregular heart beat.
I was shocked but not surprised to hear of Eloise's death
I heard a statistic today that one in ten people have bought diet pills online
I know I have
A few years ago I bought two bottles of ephedrine on line
The recommended dose was to take two a day
But me being me I took about twelve
I thought I was going to die that weekend
I was so ill
Throwing up so much that my body was convulsing.
But I'm sure many of us have bought pills on line
Anything that promises weight loss is appealing to us
I just hope that this poor girls death serves as a warning to others not to buy diet pills on line.