Saturday 8 June 2013

With Love!

I hope you know that you are stronger than you ever realised

I hope you know that you can get well


I hope you know that your eating disorder doesn't define you

It doesn't mean you are crazy or weak or defective


I hope you know that you are unique, there is only on of you and no one can ever replace you


I hope you know that thoughts are just thoughts, we don't have to act on them


I hope you can remember that once you were happy and free and you can be again

I hope you know that it's possible to recover, people do recover


I hope that you believe in yourself or at least can accept that others believe in you

I hope you know  that even if you fall, you can get up even stronger


I hope you know that you would be missed if you were gone

I hope you can see that you are lovable


I hope you know that happiness is not a dress size

It's not a weight

It's not measured on a scale

It's not a number


Happiness is not how small your waist is

Or how much your bones protrude


Strength is not how long you can starve for

How long you can exercise

How much weight you can lose


Strength is fighting back

Not giving in to the eating disorder

It's eating even though you don't want to

Even though even fibre of your being feels that it is wrong

Strength is eating and allowing the food to stay in your stomach

It's keeping going when all you want to do is hide in your bed

It's not letting this thing rule and ruin your life



Strength is choosing to live even though it would be easier to die

It's doing the right thing for you even when it's not popular with others

It's having the courage to be yourself

It's speaking your truth

It's being you


With love,

Ruby x

8 comments:

  1. Ruby, I love this... this makes me smile. I know it's not easy in any way but it is possible.

    I am on day 8 and I am feeling more free... I talked to my David, everything is good with us... I could never disappoint him and I had forgot that, he still thinks I am wonderful.

    You are wonderful Ruby... You are amazing... don't forget that... you inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this :-)
    Isn't it awful tho that as soon as I saw the post on my blog roll, the picture of the guy standing between the trees was on the excerpt and what did I see instead? muffins. Seriously. I saw two half muffin tops (the trees on either side of the picture) and the muffin cases (the tree trunks on the picture)...
    How is EVERYTHING in my head about food all the time?!

    Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby I love you, I love this, my heart is just bursting with pride and happiness for you! You spread so much hope and strength and positivity and motivation and inspiration and every word that signifies something amazing, this is you, beautiful Ruby! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Ruby... so much hope, positivity, and strength in this post. I love your blog. You're so honest, sharing all your highs and lows, you are such an encouragement and support :) hope you are doing ok. You truly are amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish every girl in the world could read this post. It should be part of their schooling! Lovely, Ruby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for such a wonderful, lovely post, Ruby.

    This is such a selfless, inspiring piece of writing and it really does show you have fight in you and that you absolutely can do this.

    I hope that you can also look back on this little compilation and believe in it as well as others.

    Well done xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! They brightened my day and gave me inspiration to be good today. I hope they did the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. I hope you realise that this post applies to you too!

    Have you watched any MLP:FiM? Inside you there is a tiny yellow pegasus pony screaming 'YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!' That pony is you, yelling at yourself.

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x