Tuesday 8 July 2014

Home from Oz

My sister arrived home all the way from Australia yesterday
I am super excited to have her here
She has been there 10 years
And I have only seen her a handful of times  in that 10 years
She is also 10 years older than me
We get on like nobodies business

Needless to say she is tired and jet lagged
We met up in the kitchen at 3am this morning
And had tea and a chat

My sleep pattern is slowly but surely descending in to chaos
I am not sleeping at night
And then napping during the day
Need to get on top of that

We went for a lovely long walk this morning with Honey and Lea
They are also excited to have her home

Then we went food shopping
I am so motivated to get my food sorted
We bought lots of fresh fruit and veg
Need to broaden my diet
Ie not live off crisps and chocolate

Here are some photos of our walk.........

He he, love this!

Partners in crime


Honey's new bestfriend





Funfair




Honey's friend



A roll in the hay


9 comments:

  1. And, you cán really see that the both of you are sisters!!! You look a like!
    Is she going to stay a while? I do hope so!
    And so good of you sorting out your food.... you're really getting on top of things!

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think we look alike?
      That's so cool
      I always thought we looked very different

      Yes she is staying indefinitely
      So that is great!

      I don't know about being on top of things but I am trying

      How are you doing A? x

      Delete
    2. I really see a Obvious alikeness. But.... usually outsiders see this sort of things different .... or more clearly or ... I don't know. People say my brother and I look alike, and I never saw that, I did see something alike with my sister, but more between ages 2-5 than now, and that was just our shared red hair, you know... ;-) That seems so...blah...

      But, what a super megalomanic great news that your sister is here to stay! You'll all be very happy, I suppose? She must be a great support, and to have her closer....

      I know you are trying, you always do your very best... I know that...

      love from Holland (but I'll be in Belgium later tomorrow...)

      Delete
  2. these pictures of your gang of four put a huge smile on my face!! Ruby you simply need to learn how to ride horses! you would love it, i wish i would live close and I could teach you, would be great fun at the beach!

    xxxxx
    you go girls!!! xo to ruby's sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just love that Lilly
      I have such a fondness for horses
      Do you ride much?
      Maybe some day you really will teach me

      Love to you star sister x

      Delete
  3. You live in such a beautiful place. I love the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful
      I am really blessed to live in such a picturesque place x

      Delete
  4. i second the first common. you look so alike - very beautiful beautiful ladies. i'm glad that you're sorting out your diet and i'm also slightly hoping that your sleeping schedule fixes itself soon. <3
    take care of yourself, Ruby.
    every single word you write to me and every comment on my blog has left a smile on my face. you are extraordinary. do not forget that.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! But does this mean no more holidays to Down Under? Aww. I'm still kicking myself for not being able to get out to see you when you were here a few Christmases back. Your sleep pattern does sound like a concern, but we all know the best cuppa-and-chat's happen at the most ungodly hours. I hope it fixes itself soon. I love the photos. It's great to see such beautiful smiles on such beautiful people.

    Lots of love to you dear <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x