Saturday 19 July 2014

Let's go to the movies.......

I love films
My whole family love films
We talk about them a lot
Watch a lot of films
So I was thinking what is my all time favourite film
I couldn't narrow it down to just one
So I will go with my top 5
In no particular order........

1. Whatever happened to Baby Jane?
Made in 1962
A psychological thriller starring Bette Davis and Joan Crawford
This is quite a dark film about 2 sisters living together
Who used to be actresses
I first saw this film as a young teenager
And have loved it ever since




2. The Lost Boys
Made in 1987
Directed by Joel Shumacher
Starring  Diane Wiest, Jason Patric, Corey Feldman and Corey Haim
Two brothers who move to a new town are convinced that it is frequented by vampires
Again I first saw this film as a young teenager
I guess you would call it a cult classic
I love films about vampires
And this is one of the best




3. Requiem for a dream
Made in 2000
Directed by Darren Aronofsky
Starring Jared Leto, Ellen Burnstyn and Jennifer Connolly
This is an incredibly dark and harrowing film about addiction and it effects the lives of those addicted and their families
Even though it is a brilliant film, I haven't been able to watch it in a long time as it is just too upsetting




4. Sideways
Made in 2004
Directed by Alexander Payne
Starring Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Hayden Church and Virginia Madsen
'Two middle aged men, who have not much to show for life, embark on an adventure through California's wine country, just as one is about to walk down the aisle'
This film is hilarious
I've watched it so many time




5. One flew over the cuckoos nest
Made in 1975
Directed by Milos Forman
Starring Jack Nickolson and Louise Fletcher
Nicholson plays McMurphy who is admitted to a psychiatric hospital
A brash rebel, he rallies the other patients to take on the oppressive head nurse
I have seen this film so many times
And it gets better and better every time



Other films that I love are...
The Godfather
Dazed and Confused
The Shining
Gone with the wind
Trainspotting
Rachel getting married
I could go on and on........

I was wondering about you
What is your all time favourite film?
Or your top 5? 

13 comments:

  1. O like!!!!

    1) Amélie
    2) Le Huitième Jour
    3) Fried Green Tomatoes
    4) Finding Nemo
    5) Jagten

    Also in no particular order. Five is hard, I would like to pick ten or more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Amelie too!
      And Finding Nemo I have seen so many times
      It was out when my nephew was young and he watched it endlessly!
      It's so funny
      I like Fried Green Tomatoes too
      The others I haven't heard of but just might look them up...... x

      Delete
  2. donnie darko
    firewalk with me
    velvet goldmine
    marnie
    wings of desire

    the first sacred 5 that come to my mind, uhh, and tarkowski is a fabulous director and greg araki and blow up by antonioni is great and don't look now awww too many
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shining! clockwork orange!peformance! how could i forget performance! i also like blade runner although it is a cliché, and lost highway and almost famous... us insomniacs should unite and do a movie night!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes Lilly!
      A film club for us insomniacs is a marvellous idea!
      I haven't seen Blade runner
      I really need to check that one out as I have heard great things about it
      I love your taste Lilly x

      Delete
  3. i liked this post. i liked the title and i've wanted to watch Requiem for a Dream and One Flew Over the Cocoo's Nest for a while seriously. i don't think i can name a top five, or anything. ah. i think i will need to thread through my list of movies i want to see before i can get back to you on that! xxx but still, i have to say! this post made me grin x

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sam
      I would love to know what films you love
      How are you doing?
      Will you be blogging again?
      I really hope so......... x

      Delete
  4. i'm glad to hear from you too, lovely.
    House is very therapeutic. he is very cool.
    did you know House was actually based on Sherlock Holmes? whereas he is Sherlock, Wilson is Watson, and his leg is Moriarty? i think it makes a lot of sense, especially towards the ending of the series, which ended in a very Sherlock-like manner.
    i'm doing just fine, darling.
    a bit hungry though. i can eat in 1.5 hours unfortunately for me.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't know that
      That is so cool!
      You learn something new every day!
      I'm glad you are doing ok Sammy x

      Delete
  5. love sideways and one flew over the cuckoos nest,would say my top 5 are,point break,
    scent of a woman
    the house of sand and fog
    dragonfly and elf! but i am a little strange. love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid I've never watched your top 5 XD I should though...the movies I like are all really newer movies...
    Chicago, Pitch Perfect, Mamma Mia, Grease and the Hunger Games.
    I might add the Fault in Our Stars but I haven't seen it yet.

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x