Tuesday 26 August 2014

Troll?

It seems that we may have a troll in our midst
I've been getting a few anonymous comments lately
And they have been quite negative
One left on my last post simply read

'This blog sucks..'

Well anonymous I have a few questions for you
If this blogs sucks so much
Why the hell are you reading it?
And taking the time to comment?
I presume you are the same anonymous who commented a few days ago
And told me that commenting is 'not a one way thing'
And I need to comment on others blogs more
What I want to know is how do you know I don't comment on other blogs?
Do you monitor every move I make?
Do you know exactly which blogs I do and don't comment on?

And another thing
I challenge you to divulge your real name
Are you so brave to comment then?
It's easy to leave nasty comments when you're anonymous
It's easy to be mean
It's easy to put people down
And say that they 'suck'

You say that this blog 'sucks'
Is that the best adjective you can come up with?
Come on anonymous
You can do better than that
I challenge you to comment again
And this time try to use your intelligence

Most of the anonymous comments I get are really positive
And maybe I shouldn't be giving this person any more air time than they deserve
And I shouldn't really feed the trolls
But it bugged me
So I am going to dedicate this one post to you
And then I am never going to give you a second thought ever again

In the words of Taylor Swift.......

'Cause the haters gonna hate, hate , hate, hate, hate
And they players gonna play, play, play, play, play
I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Shake it off
Shake it off........'

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you quoted Taylor! That made me laugh. Good one.
    I don't usually see trolls around here...but like you said, shake it off! They're just trying to put you down and make you insecure.

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is far from "sucking" dear Ruby. I usually get negative comments on my blog as well, that's why I approve them before they go up. Haters gonna hate, just keep on staying beautiful.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is individual for everyone. You are not required to comment on other blogs nor are people required to comment on your blog. This person is showing signs of immaturity and jealousy if you ask me. You blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh - I know I have left "anonymous" replies just lately - but that's cos technology is wasted on me & haven't got a profile - Just to let you know It ain't me - & I hope whoever it is finds something much better to do with her/his life than troll your blog - Love Rachel (polygrip tooth babe ) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Rachel
      Most of the comments that I get that are anonymous are really positive
      Including yours
      It's just the odd one that is nasty
      So don't worry
      Your comments are always welcome x

      Delete
  5. If something sucks I (like most others) would simply stop reading it, and just move on. Unless it is something that should be noted and criticized because its e.g. racist (yes I found incredibly racist content on one middle aged guy's blog who preferably follows young girls who suffer from ED) then I cannot keep my mouth shut, but I always always signed with a name&google account! i think this post is great. anon will be surprised. very surprised. btw i am convinced this anon is still reading!!

    love and hugs ruby and thanks for your email!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're doing ok hun?
      Will email you soon x

      Delete
  6. Fuck em.
    I love your blog Ruby,
    It's real, you're real & that's all that matters.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Dutch this is a Trol:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-awa2oSzIIEU/UEW5jrtUPfI/AAAAAAAAfrc/WCla4HSqFWw/s400/Hans-de-chagrijnige-bergtrol.jpg

    So, just think of that....

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks hun, will check it out now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Dutch troll picture, it's perfect. Shake it off, dear, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x