Saturday 13 September 2014

Another birthday

It's my Mum's birthday today
I won't say what age she is
As she could very well take a contract out on me if I disclosed her age
The whole family is heading out for lunch today
Which I am a little bit nervous about
But my sister and I checked the menu on line
So at least I know what to expect

I find eating out in restaurants quite hard
And back when  I was purging every morsel I ate
It was just a down right waste of money
Paying good money for food that ends up in the toilet?
That's just silly to me now
Although I used to do it all the time

Because we will be gone all day
I had to ask my neighbours to keep an eye on my dogs
And feed them at lunch time
They are an elderly couple
And the nicest people you could meet
It was kind of funny
Because I was stood in their kitchen
And they both stood either side of me
Looking me up and down
 And telling me how good I looked
And what I difference there was in me
'I know, I've gained so much weight' I said
'Yes!' replied my neighbour as she punched the air (This woman is in her 70's)
At one point I felt like a prize pig at a show
They were eyeing me up so much
I am getting used to these comments
I am getting so many of them
I had always presumed that when I gained weight
People gave compliments because having a bit of weight on was the lesser of two evils
I didn't think they actually meant what they said

I've decided to stop weighing
It was driving me bananas
And I really don't need that stress right now

I am such an impatient person
That I gave my Mum some of her presents yesterday
I  just couldn't wait
But it's ok
Today we are bringing her shopping for a new hand bag
So that's her main present
I tied a balloon to Honey's collar
And sent her in to wake up my Mum
Honey was not impressed as you can see in this photo
Mum thought is was hilarious though



Ok
I'm off to make my mother breakfast in bed
Will post photos of said lunch later on

See you on the next post............

13 comments:

  1. Omg, look at that poor face :D

    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he
      After I took the balloon off
      She ran in to her bed
      And won't come out! x

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday wishes for your mum.
    And what a great present you've already given her, by taking better care of yourself.

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I passed on your birthday wishes A
      And yes, you are so right
      My health and happiness are the best presents I could have given her x

      Delete
  3. hope you and your family have a lovely day,funny how birthdays come at once i even had 2 children on same date and 2 more very close,though years apart.think your doing so well,please don't worry about having a wobble sometimes.also you are so good at writing and have so much to tell,there is a career waiting for you i think! much love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a lovely day Jo
      And Mum thoroughly enjoyed it so I am so glad

      Awh thank you
      I would love to think that there is a career in writing for me
      Maybe someday.......... x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ruby's mum!!!! She is a true star, too. You are an amazing team and the picture is soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lilly
      I passed on your birthday to my Mum
      And yes, we are a force to be reckoned with, he he

      Hope you're doing ok? x

      Delete
  6. Aww, I love the balloon on Honey. Happy birthday to your mum! I just realized your birthdays are less than a week apart - so are mine and my mum's (April 30 & May 7)! Including my brother, all our birthdays are within two months. I'm always the same, getting impatient and wanting to give gifts early.
    Hope you had a great day <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bella
      We really did have a lovely day
      It was so special x

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness. look at your dog.
    how cute and funny is that.
    such personalities they can have!

    hope your mom has a very special birthday. try not to stress too much about lunch, you should relax and have a good time <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kay
      She was so not impressed that I tied a balloon to her
      That face is pure bold

      Actually lunch was lovely
      Nice small manageable portions
      So I was happy enough with it x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x