Wednesday 8 October 2014

You look healthy..........

The lovely Bella shared this with me yesterday
I thought it was very appropriate for where I am right now
And it helped me make sense of all the comments I have been getting recently






"You look healthy.
And by that I don’t mean you look fat.
I mean your face isn’t grey any more, the circles under your eyes aren’t so dark. Your lips aren’t cracked and dry and your hair isn’t thinning and brittle. I mean you seem more focused when I talk to you, You actually look at me and listen rather than being so unable to stay still or think about anything other than your illness that your eyes dart around the room and you nod manically the whole time I’m speaking. You seem calmer, stiller, quieter. You’re easier to have a joke with and you take things on board much more than you used to.
I mean you laugh now, you’re less serious. There’s life about you, it’s in your eyes and your smile, it’s in the way you speak and even in the way you go about your daily tasks. 
You look healthy. You look happy. It really, really suits you."

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment.... and what truth now that you are healthier, even if it is a.struggle. You know you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helped me feel better about things
      Especially all the comments I am getting
      And I do
      I do feel better x

      Delete
  2. Sorry Ruby, I sent that last message from the wrong account.
    What I was asking was, if it wold be okay to print out what you've written out here.
    It is so helpful to have as a reminder for when or if people use that phrase.

    FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course FF
      I didn't write it
      And I'm not even sure who did
      But yes of course if it helps you, by all means print it x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this. it's perfect & beautiful, just like you Ruby.! : )

    <3
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it :) Sadly I don't have a source but I'm pretty sure I found it somewhere on tumblr.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do Bella
      And it seems to have struck a chord with others too
      Pity we don't know who wrote it x

      Delete
    2. I really love that! thanks Bella!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x