Thursday 22 January 2015

The Boy: First meeting

Ok
So you know that I've been in contact with The Boy
The boy being my ex boyfriends best friend
We've been texting back and forth over the last few weeks
Talking about meeting up
But it never seemed to happen
So Wednesday I decided to take the bull by the horns
And suggested we meet up yesterday
In a local coffee shop
I was both thrilled and terrified when he replied
And the date was set for 3pm

Thankfully
I met a friend in the morning
And was able to ground myself
I really didn't want my feelings to cloud my judgement
And as you know I am impulsive and compulsive 
And can't always trust myself
So talking with my friend was great

I do not exaggerate when I say I was high on nerves all day
I still hadn't told any of my family that I was meeting The Boy
But when I told my sister I was going out to meet someone
She straight away knew I was up to something
So I told her where I was going
She also gave me a pep talk
And offered to ring me mid date 
If I needed an escape
I declined her offer
As the only reason I would have needed an escape is if he was out of his head
Or blatantly using
And  I was pretty sure he wasn't
Although I wasn't positive

Then I had to figure out what to wear
I wanted to look casual but pretty
Effortless but put together
So I decided on my blue Fat Face jumper
My wine coloured Brakeburn trousers 
My new Roxy high tops
And my Superdry snood
I also straightened my hair
And ruffled it so it looked tousled and shaggy
I decided against make up
Because I have no idea how to apply make up properly
And I didn't want to look too done up
So I applied a little foundation
Just enough to give me youthful glow

We were meeting at three
So I decided to leave early
As I wanted to be the first one to get there
I settled on a comfy couch
Ordered a cup of tea
And tried to look relaxed and confident
A few minutes later
And I get a text from the boy saying he is running a few minutes late
Damn
All this waiting was making me even more nervous
I started to worry
About what we would talk about
What he would think of me
What if idid or said something really embarrassing
What if the second I saw him
I jumped his bones
This was a lot more likely to happen than you would think
Remember I haven't dated in a long long time

To get out of my head
I picked up a newspaper 
I was sitting by the door
Do every time the door opened 
I looked up to see if it was him
Eventually he arrived
And apologised for being late 
He sat down beside me on the couch
He looked different to what I remembered
When I knew him years ago
He had a shaven head
Tattoos all over
Clean shaven
Now he has long hair
And a beard no less 
I think I said before that he is attractive in a kind of earthy manly way
Lovely eyes
 And a smile that could break hearts 

We got straight to catching up
Talked about people we knew
Where they are now
Talked about the drug
And how fucked up we were back then
We laughed
Laughed a lot
Always a good sign in my book
He told me that he has a son
And he is single
What a coincidence
So am I

We chatted for a long time
Then he went out for a smoke
And I went to the bathroom
We settled back down again
And spoke for another while
It was nice
No awkward silences
He is easy to talk to
Easy to get on with
But then
He always was

After a couple of hours
I stretched
And said I better go
We finished our drinks
And went outside
Then came the awkward bit
We had said good bye
Yet we were still standing looking at each other
I was thinking to myself should I hug him?
Does he want to kiss me?
I really couldn't gauge the situation
And I felt so silly just standing there
So I made a move to go
And said goodbye again
Even though it was obvious he was holding out for something
Sorry dude
I don't kiss on the first date
Actually that's a lie
I have kissed plenty of boys on a first date
But there was one big difference
I was either drunk or stoned
Dealing with dating and the like stone cold sober is a whole different kettle of fish let me tell you
I need to pace myself 

I got home and had a chat with my sister
I told her that I think I just want us to be friends
But I'm really not sure
I guess I don't know what I want
I felt a bit bad that I hadn't at least hugged him when I left
So I decided to text him
To tell him that it was great to see him
And to text me when he wants to meet again
He texted back and said it was great to see me too
And that I 'looked great'
What does that mean?
What does that mean people?
Is he just being nice?
Or does he like me?
Man I am so rusty and out of practice

Even though this is all very nerve wracking and confusing
I must say
It is great fun
I had forgotten how nice it feels to like someone
To get butterflies
I think this is progress ladies
Even if nothing happens between me and him
At least I have had some fun
And made a new friend

Now
Next mission
Second date here I come.......

14 comments:

  1. honestly, when we are the way we are, everything's hard on the first time. then it becomes nice, and then it becomes exciting. be sure you push through those feelings just to feel that glee again.

    take care of yourself, honey. i'm very glad you've had a good amount of fun now! over time, it'll just get easier if you're meeting up with him again.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam
    You make a lot of sense
    For me
    It was about pushing through those feelings of nerves and anxiety
    But it was so worth it
    I am so glad that I went
    As it really was a big deal for me

    Thank you Sam for your continued support
    And kind and thoughtful comments

    Love ya x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY DAUGHTER CANCER HEALING TESTIMONEY

      Hi everyone, this is good news, a perfect and greats one. My daughter of
      17years who has suffered of Colon Cancer Stage for 2 and half years has been
      cure by a Herbal doctor called Dr voodoo, who uses herbal and traditional
      medicine to cure people. I have spent so much on my daughter's health for
      years but no improvement. A friend told me about this herbal man who cure
      people with herbal medicine. he cures all sickness, diseases, viruses, and
      infections with his different herbal curing medicine.The result that
      declares my daughter janet healed was from a hospital here in USA, And the
      results of the test says my daughter was okay. Dr voodoo directed that
      janet would be heal in 7days if she uses the medicine as directed. And
      7days later, we went to confirm from the central hospital and several test
      that was done says my daughter is not sick or anything. So she was cured by
      this herbal doctor in 7days. This amaze me though. I would advice everyone
      to meet this Dr voodoo his email is voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
      for his herbal medicine to cure your illness because am happy to see my
      daughter healthy again.Meet Dr voodoo and set yourself and your love ones
      will free you can also add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

      Delete
  3. Sounds like he likes you, he wouldn't say anything about your appearance if he didn't mean it. Great that you had plenty to talk about, so wish you good luck with next dates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half of me hopes he does like me and the other half hopes he doesn't
    I'm not even sure how I feel about him
    But it's fun finding out........ X

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds promising,just relax and see what happens? take care jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to do that Jo
      Trying to behave like a normal human being
      It's harder than you would think x

      Delete
    2. bless you you are a normal human being! just have more stuff in your head to deal with, and believe me i know how hard it is,hope all works out the way you hope x

      Delete
    3. this is still jo by way hate anon thing! sorry if i come across a bit motherish i have a lot of children little and grown,becomes a habit,your doing fine x

      Delete
    4. No need to apologise Jo
      I appreciate your comments always
      You are a star x

      Delete
  6. Yaaay! So happy that you had a good time ruby..all the best for your next mission : )

    Love
    Pia

    ReplyDelete

  7. After being in relationship with emma for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: drinegbedionspellhome@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS EMAIL
    ADDRESS IS:drinegbedionspellhome@gmail.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEM

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, these are just my opinions, accept or disregard them as you
    see fit. Magic is a complex subject and its practitioners are a diverse
    lot. I offer the following tips as a sort of "community service" because
    i'd hate to think of all the vulnerable and needy folks out there who may
    get hosed by an unethical magic worker.
    i will like you to contact DOCTOREDEHSPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM
    When you are down and out - heartbroken, poor, lonely - it is easy to be
    taken advantage of - this is true in all regards, but with magic in
    particular. Magic has a veil of secrecy; it seems exotic and unattainable
    by the uninitiated - and in some instances it is. Many folks who seek to
    have magic done on their behalf know little about the subject - they just
    have a willing and open mind without knowing a lot, and therefore they are
    easy prey for civilians out there, unethical fakes who have flashy ads with
    mysterious and real-sounding credentials who take your money and do no
    magic on behalf of their paying clients. To me this is criminal, a
    monumental betrayal of sacred trust.

    Any way, as a confession right off the bat and to avoid any appearance of
    impropriety, i myself do magic for people and sometimes offer my services
    on eBay and Facebook Google and what have you.This being the case, i have
    no ulterior motives in writing this guide, nor do i wish to advertise my
    own work. There are a whole host of good, ethical magic practitioners out
    there, and you will be Spirit-led to the one who is a best fit for you.
    Not all workers are one-spell-fits-all, they all have their own gifts and
    specialties, and they all take different clients. In any event, i keep my
    workload down to it maximum

    1.he cure HIV
    2.Retrieve all lost money
    3.help you to get in touch all fraudsters who ate your money
    4.bring your ex lover back
    5.help you to enchant your lover
    6.power for ministration
    7.fame and power
    8.can also be a teacher if you wish to be a spell practitioner

    i will like you to contact DOCTOREDEHSPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, how exciting! It definitely sounds like he likes you. So proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone, too.

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x