Saturday 18 July 2015

The plot thickens....

So
When I last left you
The Plumber had texted me on Thursday night saying that he would contact me yesterday
And he did 
He texted last night with a simple 

How are you?

I Immediately went to consult with my sister and Mother
And after some discussion
I texted back 

Hey I'm good, how you?

Exciting stuff so far!

While we waited for his response
I chatted with my Mum and sister
They think he sounds like he is quite shy
And my sister urged me to bite the bullet and ask him out
Then my phone pinged a message

So do you want to meet up?

You can imagine the scene
Me and my Mum and sister
All on the couch 
Squealing as the texts went back and forth 
We had been watching a film
But my sister said that this drama was much better 
So I texted back

Yea sure, what do you suggest?

Then we were all thinking about what would be a good first date
I have to admit
I've never been on a date as such 
Yes, I've gone out with boys 
But this felt different
Like an actual, proper, grown up date 
Phone pings again

Maybe cinema or something, what you think?

My Mum didn't think the cinema was a good idea
She said it was too much of a 'commitment' 
My sister suggested just going for a coffee
And i liked that idea
As there was no pressure
It could be as long or as short as we wanted
So I texted back

What about going for tea or coffee? Is there anywhere you'd like to go?

I was gently trying steer him away from the whole cinema idea
He texted back
And this is where things started to head south

I can't think of anywhere but I can make you a coffee, what you think?

I laughed when I read this
As I thought he was being smart
But my Mum and sister thought it sounded like he didn't really do coffee 
I texted back

What about 'local coffee shop' for tea/coffee and see how we go from there?

I waited for a response
And waited
But nothing 
I haven't heard from him since
This is really disappointing 
I could give him the benefit of the doubt
Maybe he ran out of credit
Maybe he had to go on an emergency plumbing job
Maybe he lost the power of his hands and couldn't text
I live in hope...

 But seriously guys 
You know that I don't like head games
Why would he just not text back?
Again
My Mother and sister pointed out that he seems really shy 
And maybe couldn't cope with a face to face date 
So then I was thinking that maybe I should have just agreed to the cinema  in the first place
And have I f**ked it all up now?
I don't know 
My head hurts from thinking about it so much 
Reading over the texts again and again
Trying to figure out what I did wrong 
My sister thinks I should text him again
But all I could think was that it was his turn to text
And I didn't want to seem too keen
You know?

You my lovely little blogger family have been so spot on with advice about this whole thing 
So I am throwing the floor open to you

What am I doing wrong?
Have I done anything wrong?
What should I do now?
Should I text him again?
Or wait for him to get back to me?
I eagerly await your response.....

18 comments:

  1. If I don't text someone back right away, it doesn't usually mean anything, just that I need to formulate a thought or I got distracted. You could send him a message like "Sounds like you're not a coffee person. What do you like to do?" and let him make the next suggestion.

    If he is shy, maybe he'll be more comfortable on a meetup where you guys are doing something that can distract from having to sit and stare at each other and talk? I personally prefer movies with somebody I'm already comfortable with, because doing things together where you're not getting to know each other isn't appealing to me early on.

    BUT maybe something a little more "doing" and a little less "being" - or for a set period of time so there's no wondering when it's over - would be more comfortable for you guys. Maybe something like "Hey I know this gorgeous trail that's about a mile long, want to join me and the pups?"

    Ahh, early-relationship awkwardness. I'm content to experience it vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was the general consensus here too
      That doing something would probably be better than staring at each other trying to think of things to say
      I just don't know if I have the courage to text him again
      Afraid I've messed it up
      But hey
      Maybe he'll get back to me today
      Hopefully

      Thanks for the advice
      I'll keep you posted x

      Delete
  2. i would def say text back, it does sound like he quite shy , you haven't done anything wrong and if you can get past the awkwardness and meet up it will get better,besides he wouldn't ask and then just not be back in touch. maybe say we can do something else if like...., he might have thought cinema if he nervous about pressure to talk? either way i think you should give it a go, shy guys so much nicer than full of themselves ones xx jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Jo
      I haven't done anything wrong
      My sister thinks I should text back too
      I've tried to write a text about five times now
      And keep deleting it
      But yes
      The awkwardness of it all is mortifying!!
      If we could actually meet
      We might have a chance... X

      Delete
  3. Try not to worry about him not texting back quickly. Like you said, he might have got called on a job or something. I must admit, I don't always text back straight away either. It could mean something or nothing, so try not to dwell too much on it.

    I am the last person you should take relationship advice from, but if I were you, I think I would wait for him to text you back, because you were the last one to text him, so it's his turn to text you. The ball is in his court, so you just sit back and relax (as much as you can!!) and wait for his response!

    Thinking of you!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum agrees with you Annie
      And so far
      I haven't
      But the day is nearly over
      And I haven't heard from him
      So I'm not sure what to do
      My Mum also told me to follow my gut
      And at the moment
      My gut is telling to wait it out
      So I will x

      Delete
    2. noooo txt him!

      Delete
    3. I really want to
      I have the text written and ready to go
      But something keeps stopping me
      So I'm going to wait till tomorrow
      And I promise I will text if I don't hear from him by then
      Maybe if we all send him telepathic messages he will get the hint..... X

      Delete
  4. Alternative plan: take a whack at your neighbors pipes with something heavy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes!!!
      Going to find a lump hammer right now........ X

      Delete
  5. Try not to over analyse, you obviously didn't say anything crazy or weird. He is just. Who actually knows. It isn't you. But why not the cinema? Try not to think too much about the setting, if the chemistry is there it won't matter where you go. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Piggy I am do out of practise with this sort of thing
      Maybe I played it all wrong
      I don't know
      I need serious help and intervention
      Wish I could get all you girlies around here and sort out a plan of attack x

      Delete
  6. Oh, the joys of anxiety! Spending ages stressing over replies and never being too sure what you're supposed to say.

    Maybe text him again tomorrow if you don't hear back. If anything, I think maybe coffee might be intimidating because it's just you, him, and the conversation. Movies avoid that awkwardness. Maybe meet him in the middle with something like going to an art show or even something random like mini golf, where there's an outside distraction/conversation topic being presented.

    Good luck lovely. Squealing with you from over here!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Bells
      This whole thing is way too teenagery and hormonal
      I'm thirty freakin' three
      I don't have time to play games
      As Charlotte in Sex and the city said
      'Where is he already? '

      Wish you were here squealing with us x

      Delete
  7. Definitely wait it out

    Xoxo shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Him not texting you back is just plain rude! Its like having a phone call and them just hanging up on you.
    In my personal experience a movie date is usually casual, 'i think your cute but im not looking for anything serious unless its getting serious in bed". If they wont agree to an activity that involves talking or mild interaction its not cause you did anything wrong its because they dont want to know you. They perfer something physical..
    *DISCLAIMER*
    This is just in MY personal experience and some of my girlfriends experiences with guys. I am NOT saying thats what he is doing but I dont want you thinking its your fault at all. It sounds like he just doesnt know what common courtesy is. Although most people sadly dont what that is nowadays. Theyre out for numero uno and if it doesnt fit their fancy they forget how politeness is real and not an imaginery thing someone made up.
    Either way you deserve someone to treat you right and that wasnt right of him at all.
    I say dont text him. If he liked you and wanted to get to know you he would do just that. Youre a lady and he should be the gentleman. Dont chase after a guy who cant be a gentleman towards you. It doesnt work out:/...
    love you Ruby! You deserve the best.
    -Long time follower, 2nd time commenter, First time unanonymous
    Xoxox
    H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feared this H
      And I'm truly hoping that you are wrong
      That would be so hurtful if he just wanted one thing
      Or he just doesn't care enough to text back
      Either way
      I get hurt
      And that is just pants
      (Sorry it's early morning here and pants is about the only word that I can think of!)
      I don't know
      I'm sure he would have texted back by now if he were interested
      My brain hurts
      The awkwardness of it all!!!!-

      But thanks
      I appreciate your honesty
      From what you have experienced
      We'll see what today brings..... X

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x