Friday 21 August 2015

Life is like an obstacle course.....

My golly gosh
Life is becoming quite the complicated thing
Let me explain
As you know
I get up early each morning
And walk Honey and Lea
We either go to the local beach
One of the local lakes
Or down the back roads behind my house
This morning we decided to do the cliff walk over looking the beach that the surfers use
I don't know if I mentioned it
But every time I want to go in to the village
Or in to town
Or the beach
I have to drive by The Plumbers house as he lives on the main road 
I was going in to town one day last week
When as I approached his house 
He was pulling out in his work van
So I had to drive right by him
I really had to fight the urge to set my dogs on him
Or roll down my window and hurl abuse at him 
I like to think I had a lucky escape there

So this morning 
I was driving to the beach 
And stopped in the village to get a couple of things in the shop
I was just after coming out 
Was starting my car
When I saw The Boy pull in across the road
I knew it was him before I saw his face
As I know the reg of his car
At first I froze
I haven't heard from or seen The Boy in months
I dont think he saw me
As I sped out of my parking space and down the road
I didn't look in my rear view mirror
I didn't want to see him
I can't go back there 
So I did what I always do
And carried on 

I walked the dogs 
Did some shopping
Got petrol
Went to the post office
I was
Just leaving town to go home
When I got stuck behind a few cars 
And had to stop
Unfortunately 
I was right outside the shop where I was caught doing you know what
(Can't bring myself to say the word)
And then
I saw the owner come out and stand T the door
Like right beside me
I just kept looking straight ahead 
And prayed for a green light
Which eventually came after a few seconds
Ay Carumba 
What a morning 

I was on my way home
Had just come out of the post office 
When a car drove by me
I recognised the people as people I used to use with
Again
Something I could do without
But that's life I guess 
It just makes my day that bit more stressful and complicated
Trying to avoid people
And situations 
But I guess the only thing to do is just get on with things

In other news 
I rang the piercing studio
I think I am going to get a stud on my chin
Just below my lip
It costs €30
And it's walk in
So I don't have to make an appointment
I will definitely get it done before my birthday
So that's something to look forward to 

Right 
Must dash 
See you anon 

12 comments:

  1. i love your recent post about weighing in and feeling indifferent to the number. i've also gotten there and it is such a relief. i actually had it this morning, i gained a bit in one day (all water weight) and i acknowledged it and moved on.

    one of the things i used to do is stand by the mirror and say "you know, you look good. you're normal and healthy" and then get on those damned scales. and then i realise that the number is just...well, it's just a number. that's the thing. it is just a bleeding number.

    measuring your worth by BMI is like measuring your worth by your oxygen saturation levels, or your iron levels. it makes no sense.

    just wanted to say that.

    oh wow. that's such a coincidence, honestly. the Plumber and the Boy seen in one day? fucking hell.

    "I was right outside the shop where I was caught doing you know what" i'm that dense. i'm not even going to attempt to make sense of what i'm supposed to know.

    oh! i'd love to see you with a stud! <3

    love you, darling xxx

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a revelation Sammy
    It was really a big step for me
    And it feels great
    Don't get me wrong
    I gave my bad days
    But I have lots of good ones too

    I know right?
    What a day
    It really was like an obstacle course
    But I made it home safe sound
    And that is the main thing

    Love you too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gods were certainly having a good time with you this morning! I really hate being in those situations, I never know what to do. My usual defense is to try and fake being oblivious and pretend I don't notice them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did Mich
      Ignorance is bliss!! X

      Delete
    2. Not an hour after I read this post, I went to the shops on my lunch break to get some groceries
      and
      as I round the corner to go into the next aisle
      RIGHT THERE
      is this girl I used to be friends with
      (am no longer because I never really liked her to begin with and eventually snapped and told her so when she was bullying one of my other friends)
      I almost died. Haven't actually seen her in years.

      I scurried away and I didn't think she saw me, but then she definitely saw me when she was on her way out and gave me the filthiest look I have ever seen.

      Delete
    3. Gosh Mich
      We both had a day of it
      The Gods were not on our side today
      But well done to you for standing up to that girl
      I am thinking of doing something similar myself x

      Delete
  4. 'Yikes!’ Whatta morning!! : (
    (what's next, juggling running chainsaws whilst tightrope walking above a shark-infested pool?!?!)
    I mean c'MON >.>

    Chuffed you braved it thru, dear one…
    <3 Jils

    * left out "BLINDFOLDED"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!
      I know right?
      The Gods were definitely not on my side today
      But that's ok
      I'm a tough cookie! X

      Delete
  5. Goodness, some things just can't be simple, can they? Sounds like you need a blanket fort for the next day or so.

    Honestly, I'd like to think *he* had a lucky escape! ;)

    AND The Boy?! God. It never rains but it pours.

    So happy for you with your new piercing! That's an exciting day coming up soon. You'll have to send me a pic as soon as it's done!


    Love <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Bella
      I feel like I need to take to my bed after all that!

      And I will of course send you a photo x

      Delete
  6. Eeeek! You must post pictures! I absolutely love that you're getting it! I think it actually might feel sort of liberating to do something for yourself and girl, please, we all have to sit by our past embarrassing moments from time to time. Don't sweat it. You can't change it so hold your head high knowing that you're a different person changing for the better every day love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course I will definitely post photos
      Hopefully getting it done next Wednesday

      Aw thanks for your kind words
      Love you too x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x