Saturday 17 October 2015

Me

I'm aware that I haven't posted a photo of myself in a while
And if I have 
It's only been a head shot
I guess I have been self conscious about the way I look 
In my new scaffolding
I mean underwear
All the new curves and shapes 
Lumps and bumps 
So here I am 
Ruby 
Im not perfect 
I have too many flaws to count 
But this body is the only one I've got 
So I'm going to keep it
Like I had a choice anyway 

I am Ruby
I am a 34 year old woman
I have a past 
Like everyone does 
But I'm trying to make the most of my life 
And live in the here and now 

I am Ruby 
I've made many mistakes in my life 
But I've learnt from them 
And try not to repeat them 

I am Ruby
I am a good person 
I didn't always believe this 
But now I starting to believe that I am 

I am Ruby 
I am in recovery 
From addiction and disordered eating 

I am Ruby 
Here I am 




9 comments:

  1. You are Ruby
    You are beautiful inside and out
    You are Ruby
    And one of the loveliest people I know
    I am Mandy and I am lucky to have met you ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy
      For your kind and thoughtful words
      I am blessed and lucky to have met you too

      Hope you are doing ok x

      Delete
  2. You are Ruby and you are quite a rare package.

    I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Ruby and you are quite a rare package.

    I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you JJ
      What a lovely thing to say
      You just made my day

      How are you doing? X

      Delete
  4. You are Ruby, and you are indeed a precious gem.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg Ruby! Look at how far you have come...such an inspiration. I read your blog daily and im so happy for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg Ruby! Look at how far you have come...such an inspiration. I read your blog daily and im so happy for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry but you don't look 34...i'd easily guess you at 25 at most...:p <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x