Monday 3 October 2016

Untitled

I made a mistake last week
I had been dying to know my weight 
As I felt like it was spinning out of control
I was going to buy a scales 
But they had none in my local pharmacy 
Is that a sign or what?
Anyway 
As I waited for my meds to be dispensed 
I spotted the stand in scales in the corner of the store 
It was one where you put in a coin
And it takes your weight 
Your height
And your BMI
Curiosity over took me 
I took off my jacket and my trainers 
And put a coin in to the slot 
I stood holding my breath
As if the air in my lungs would effect the reading 
The machine printed out my ticket 
I put it in my coat pocket
And I took a seat 
I was torn about whether to look at it 
It was burning a hole in my jeans 
 I wanted to know 
Yet I didn't want to know
I knew it was a bad idea 
But I just couldn't help myself 
I tentatively pulled the slip of paper from my jeans pocket 
My heart was thumping 
And I prepared myself for the worst case
I opened the ticket 
And processed the numbers  
My weight in stones and pounds 
Also in kilograms 
My percentage body fat 
And my BMI 
Which was between 21 and 22
It couldn't be more average if I tried 
And I hate being average 
Seriously though 
My weight is pretty much what I thought it was 
Even so 
I don't like it
I feel big and cumbersome 
And generally feeling a bit upset about the whole thing
I'm not going on a diet 
Or anything of the sort
I just want to become a little more mindful of how I eat
And not exist on chocolate bars and chips
I want to establish a healthy eating plan
And look 
I know that's not sustainable 100% of the time 
Everything in moderation 
Including moderation 

I just want to feel Ok in my body 
And I don't feel that at the moment 
I'm not slipping or relapsing  at all 
That is for sure 
I just think that I don't  need to gain any more weight 
So I can put a halt to that now 

So 
With all that said 
I was wondering about you 
Have you ever tried to eat differently while in recovery?
Do you think it is a good idea?
Why?
Your feedback is much appreciated....

5 comments:

  1. What makes you think that you are continuously gaining weight? That's the ED talking. You've probably been roughly the same weight for a while. I agree with wanting to eat healthier, living on chocolate and chips is not the best diet, but pleeeeeeeeease Rubs be careful. The ED doesn't feel ok in your body. You look amazing. Not "feeling ok" at a healthy weight is the ED's thinking, and you know how slippery that slope is. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mich
      I've been here before
      With disastrous results
      And maybe I'm just having a bad week
      And I'm sure I'm reacting to my weighing myself
      I don't know
      I guess addressing my diet
      And eating proper meals is the goal
      And in turn
      Hopefully my weight will settle x

      Delete
    2. As Mich says, what on earth makes you think your weight is a problem? What makes you think it hasn't settled?...
      Ruby, I'm concerned for you... Changing your diet in response to the number on the scales is really, really dangerous.

      Delete
    3. Please don't worry
      And read today's post
      I'm feeling a lot more rational today
      Honestly x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x