Thursday 10 May 2012

Treatment

I had dance practise last night.  Really enjoy it. Our show is less than two weeks away now. I got my outfit, It's a black flapper dress complete with feather head band and cigarette holder. I don't know what I'll do after the show, I'll really miss the dancing. I'll have to find something to replace it. It was a really big deal for me to join this dance group as I'm not great at meeting new people but I really wanted to do it so I pushed past the anxiety. The only thing I'm worried about is that I've heard people say that after the show they're all going to get pissed. Now I don't drink and don't really go to pubs so I'm not sure how I'll handle that situation. We shall see.

Foodwise today I've b/p twice and hopefully that's the end of it. Didn't weigh this morning but definitely will tomorrow. I thought my jeans felt a little looser today or maybe I'm just getting used to them feeling tighter.

I was wondering if any of you out there in the blogosphere had been in inpatient treatment and if so how did you find it? I've been in treatment 3 times but never successfully finished the programme. The first 2 times I was discharged and the third time I left myself. I think there are pros and cons to inpatient. I found that I got quite competitive with the other girls and it became about who was the sickest. I think you really have to be so strong in inpatient not to get sucked in to this. But on the plus side it's a good kickstart to recovery. I suppose like any other addiction you have to really want it for yourself coz it doesn't seem to work if you do it for someone else. The last time I was in treatment I overheard 2 nurses taking  the piss out of me. I was devastated and ended up leaving. I played down how much it got to me but the truth was I felt so hurt. I would consider going back in but not until I'm 100% sure I'm dedicated to getting well. There's no point otherwise.

Hope you're all well,

Much lovexxx


4 comments:

  1. When I read "get pissed" the lightbulb switched on - I clicked on your profile - and your from Ireland *high five* that outfit sounds so cute and spot on, you are so much more braver than me.. maybe you can find another dance group?? good luck and lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you tried. That was very unprofessional of those nurses and you had every right to be upset. Sorry dance is over or just about over. Hopefully you can find something else to do you enjoy doing. Since I am going to school for medical billing and coding and with that I have to study healthcare ethics and what not. I would have so turned those ladies in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I did tell their supervisor but I played down how much it hurt me because I didn't want to cause a fuss.

      Thanks for following me
      xxx

      Delete
  3. omg! What were they saying?? That was so out of order! They should have been * severely* reprimanded and suspended! Wow, so called "professionals" these days. They know how fragile people in treatment are! How stupid of them! I'm so sorry that they jeopardized and ultimately ruined your treatment for you =( I know this is a very "sue them all" world, these days, but you really probably have a case. That could have been there time that you recovered, if it weren't for their ultimate lack of sense and compassion. Sorry for the long comment, but that just surprises and appals me! Much love x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x