Sunday 3 June 2012

All in the best possible taste

Good afternoon lovely ladies,
I hope you are enjoying your Sunday

I spent part of yesterday looking for a dress for the upcoming wedding. As I wrote last post I'm not the biggest fan of shopping but I sucked it up and got in hunting mode.
I tend to fly through the shops at lightning speed only stopping if something catches my eye. I went to all the usual suspects and a dress did catch my eye in Monsoon. It was lemon yellow, which would be perfect for Italy and it was pleated, very pretty. I tried it on and it was nice but it just didn't give me that feeling of I never want to take this dress off and I want to feel like that.
In the end I finished up empty handed and somewhat disappointed but I still have 2 months to find something.
So we changed tack and went to look for shoes and a bag for my mother. She found them super quick so at least that was a success.

I wanted to treat my mother to lunch so we went a pub where they serve great food. I wasn't planning on eating but when I saw the menu I was completely overwhelmed. Carrot and orange soup with homemade soda bread, cajun chicken salad, steak sandwhich on ciabatta, homemade apple crumble, banoffe pie, freash apple sponge.
The waiters whizzed past me with plates of delicious food and in the end I had the soup which was so filling.
My mother had the banoffee pie which was the size of a house brick.
I purged in the restroom which I hate doing but I was fit to burst. It's so messy in restaurant bathrooms and when I came out of the stall there were two people waiting. I didn't care if they heard.

I left my mother then and I took a notion and decided to buy laxatives. A good clean out was in order.
They didn't have my usual brand so I bought the next best thing, a 300ml bottle.
It said to take 15ml so I took 150ml. I don't know why but I always take more than the recommended dose of any medication.
I drove home listening to Lana del Rey, singing at the top of my lungs, I'm a shocking singer.

I waited for the laxatives to work their magic and a few hours later my stomach started to churn and turn and then proceeded to bloat so I looked 9 months pregnant. My stomach felt like a cement mixer, very uncomfortable so I couldn't eat anything. Despite all this discomfort the scale did not move.
Note to self, laxatives are a waste of money.

I decided to include 2 photos in this post. They were taken last summer in Spain. I will take them down tomorrow, just in case. I weigh a bit more now and I'll post more recent ones soon.

Have a lovely Sunday and Happy Jubilee weekend to all you Brits,

Much love to you xxx














These were taken last summer in Spain


10 comments:

  1. You are so pretty my dear. And Spain looks beautiful. I'm sorry you didn't find a dress, but like you said, you still have 2 months. I'm kind of a last minute shopper for things like that because I always want to be at my prime weight before I go lol. I'm weird I know. I'm sorry the laxies didn't work for you. They do for me. But I hate that bloating feeling before hand. Keep your head. You're beautiful.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the weirdest, yet best advices I've ever gotten was "clothes have to speak to you, if they don't speak to you, don't buy them" ;> I'm sorry you felt the need to purge and take laxatives honey. You're right, laxies are a waste of money as they don't actually do anything except make you sick...
    I like Lana Del Rey too! :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: The photos are lovely, and so are you!

      Delete
  3. Hun, I am so sorry you didnt find a dress but I am glad that you posted a photo :) You are beautiful <3 I didnt expect anything less, I hope you are ok, dont worry about not finding the dress though, you have loads of time :) Much Love. Stay strong.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look very lovely, ruby! but please stay safe!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful. Hope you can find the dress soon.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I love shopping but I always tend to find stuff when I should not be shopping. I know crazy right. Like whenever I needed to find something. I couldn't find crap. I am sure you will find something in the last place you would think to look.

    You are very pretty and slim too. Thanks for uploading the photos. I know this may have been hard for you.

    I will talk to you tomorrow so getting ready for bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, shopping. Your style sounds familiar, it's definite that the it thing will catch on your eye ^^^. And thanks girl writing that about laxies. I've been bloated the whole week and been avoiding going out since I want laxies so bad. Haven't gotten them yet and you're right. They are waste of money ^^

    Those pics are beautiful, you look amazing!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I miss the pics? I can't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly I missed your pics! :(
    Two absolute truths here - 1. starving will always lead to bingeing. It's simply the way our bodies ARE, it's why most dieters regain the weight, and why most anorexics go on to bulimia.
    Laxatives don't work - even if they give you the runs, all the calories have already been absorbed and you lose water weight briefly. They are deadly. Your electrolytes can easily get out of whack. Also there are long term repercussions. I have a number of friends living with colostomy bags, one of them has a 1 metre prolapse of her intestine out of her anus. Every friend I have who has ever even dabbled with them (and that's a lot of them) has ended up with huge bowel problems later on. Please try and stay well away from them.
    *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x