Friday 2 August 2013

Afternoon Tea

I spent the last few days in Dublin with my mother and aunt
On Wednesday we went for our much anticipated afternoon tea
It was a shocker of a day with torrential rain so I didn't get to wear my pretty dress and had to settle for a cardigan and trousers
Instead of me telling you all about it, I think I will just post the photos
Enjoy.....

Grafton Street, Dublin

Warming up on the train


Our table

I love this dinky little sugar lump tongs

Pouring like a pro!

Itty bitty sandwiches and goat's cheese cones


Trying to  be sophisticated (and failing)


Miniature cakes including chocolate pots and macaroons

Just one more

Enjoying white chocolate moose with raspberries








My mother, my uncle, me and my auntie B


I had been quite anxious about going away for the few days
Mostly because of food
We stayed with my uncle and one of the first things he said to us was that the flush on the toilet was dodgy so that was purging out of the question
The night we arrived they had made dinner for us
Lasagne
When he said that word it struck fear in to my heart
I haven't eaten lasagne in years
I really pushed myself
Probably a lot more than I was comfortable with
My hands were actually shaking as I ate
I managed almost half of the portion
Then came the hard part
Not purging
I tried so hard to sit there and look normal and make conversation
But there was a war going on inside my head
My ED screamed at me at the top of her lungs

'You fat pig, look how much you have eaten
You are going to pay for this and you will pay in pounds'

I don't quite know how I got through that meal but I did
Now I'm terrified to weigh tomorrow

I'm glad  I went though
There were some good moments
I'm so tired now so I will bid you goodnight

Ruby x

12 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely. I'm glad you went and enjoyed yourself, even if there were difficult parts.

    Well done on eating and not purging. Maybe you should stay with relatives who have dodgy toilets more often ;)

    Take care dear. You're in my thoughts <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, yes maybe I should
    It certainly stopped me from purging

    Take care of you too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos little ruby :) The mini cakes and macaroons look epically yum, and I'm happy for you that you had some happy moments amidst the turmoil. Love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Milly
    Yes, there were some good times and I'll never forget that day

    Love to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, mini sandwiches remind me of church teas! :D So adorable. And with no crusts - looks like the sandwiches I make for my kids. ;)

    And YOU my dear, look stunning. So tiny & thin.
    Keep yourself healthy - congrats on making it through lasagna dinner without purging. Even if you were anxious; I can't imagine anyone of us who wouldn't be. You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG SUGAR TONGS! They always make me giggle. It seems so silly to me, because I've always used sugar lumps to bribe grumpy horses with (Why Annie and her mum liked me so much!) and used loose sugar for myself ^.^;

    Nomnomnom moooooooose. You gotta have special noms when you're doing special things!

    Blimey you're tiny! How did you lift that cuppa? 0.0 Lol, you should patent your "Die evil camera DIE!" eyes, that top model lady would have NO complaints about you not being "fierce" enough. Can see some spark of you there :D

    Omg I haven't had lasagne in ages either! Mainly because cheese is so sodding expensive here. Fonterra pretty much has a monopoly on our milk production. I shit you not, the price of butter pretty much DOUBLED overnight a few years back and there was nothing we could do about it! Guess who REALLY paid for the diary farmer's fat payouts? -

    SO proud of you for having some and stepping out of your comfort zone and NOT giving in to Ed. HIGH FIVE OF DOOM! BOOYEAH! Be aware that it could try to stop you extra-hard to make up for you kicking it's ass there. Be vigilant and look after yourself tons, ok?

    YOU ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU!

    Dammit you made me want a cup of gumboot tea now! Imma go make one. I blame you for tea cravings :p OMG I got White Tea that was marked down (Fuck it's expensive, even marked down!) AND IT IS AMAZING. ENVY MY TEA!

    Love you tons Ruby *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paddy Power!!

    Kind of sad that so many people seemed to feel it necessary to pass comment on you size or whatever- All I was struck by was admiration for the way you handled such a tough situation and how much you seemed to enjoy the trip.

    I am full of pride for you, I think as hard as these times are you need to keep putting yourself through them fairly regularly (easy to say and v. exhausting I know!!) only then can you flex out your rigidity.

    I do hope you had a macaroon dear Ruby as they are the nectar of the gods!!! And so pretty!

    Many people would gasp in horror at your Uncles words but I think you have to laugh. Seriously. Laugh at the logic, the devoid of emotion explanation as to why you cant purge. Sometimes it is a far easier reason than analysing what you want out of life and exerting your own control blah blah. No ruby- you'll just block the drains!

    Again I dont mean to be insensitively flippant, I'm just saying that if we were serious and dower all the time we'd be even more fucking depressed.

    ANYWAY such a massive well done. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos Ruby, it looks well posh altogether.!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby dear, you have no idea how bursting with pride I am for you right now! Your achievements in this post alone just blow my mind - going away for a few days, going out for afternoon tea, actually eating actual lasagne and not purging. Wow, you are just incredible!

    I love the photos of your afternoon tea, looks exquisite! Did you enjoy it?

    GO RUBY, GO!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the photo of you sipping tea. I laughed out loud, you're so cute!! What an unfamiliar and challenging holiday you had. I wish I could have been there to encourage you and hug you and tell you everything is going to be alright. I was reading your post going "yes!" "Yes Ruby fight the demons, you can do it!!" You're doing awesome love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time you fight ED and let her scream at the top of her lungs and you stay strong and fight it you are getting a little bit closer to having your life back! Free of food, weight, and constant anxiety. Keep it up lady! Come visit my new recovery site!
    ed2recovery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your weight doesn't define your worth.
    i'm very proud of you for getting through that meal!
    also, you look beautiful :)

    stay strong
    gegenmia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x