Tuesday 13 May 2014

Goal #1

Do you ever make goals?
I generally don't
I mostly float from day to day and don't give myself any deadlines to meet
But there is one goal that I make every single week
And every single week I never meet it
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
In that case I am the living embodiment of insanity

So what is this goal?
Well, it's to make my meds last the whole week
Every Monday I go to the doctor to collect my script
Then I head to the chemist and walk out with my bag of treats
As you know I am on quite a lot of meds which I will list here

Methadone: 26mls per day
Mirtazapine: 45mg per day
Prozac: 40mg
Olanazpine 12.5mg per day

I get 7 days meds at a time
Every Monday I promise myself (and my mother) that I am going to take my meds properly
And every week come Sunday, I am all out
So Sunday is spent anxiously waiting for Monday
And I get precious little sleep on Sunday night

So this week I vow to make my meds last until Sunday
Come hell or high water I will make my meds last until Sunday
As God as my witness I will make my meds last until Sunday
And come Monday next week I will report back to you that I have indeed made my meds last all week

Do you have a goal for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I make goals regularly.
    . If I don't succeed ...I just try again. Giving up isn't an option. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make goals too but don't share them with anyone as they're personal..
    If I'm finding things difficult I get through it and keep trying as best I can as giving up isn't an option for me. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x