Wednesday 10 September 2014

Lisadell

In an effort to get out of my own crazy head
My sister, Honey and Lea and I  went to Lisadell beach for a walk
Thank you all for your comments on my last post
I will respond to all comments soon
I'm finding this part of recovery really quite difficult
And I can feel my mood and motivation slipping
It's just so horrible to feel so uncomfortable in my own skin
It's on my mind all the time
I'm so conscious of my body
And how much space it takes up
I need constant reassurance that I am not obese
Or even overweight
Logically I know that my weight is in the healthy range
It's more a feeling
And I need to address it if I'm going to move forward
A lot of the time I feel like unzipping my skin and stepping out of it
I am that uncomfortable

The only comfort I have is that I know this is all part of the recovery process
And I'm better off in this situation
Than I am severely underweight
And ill

On the day of my birthday
My Mum told me that she is really proud of me
And that the best birthday present I could give her was me being well
And times like that
All this s worth it
Maybe I just need to hear that more often





2 comments:

  1. good for you! distraction might be the key anyway, you have a lot of time on your hand now that was taken up before by the ED. It will be ok, I promise, if you just keep going. try the three meals a day&email me if you like to chat or want to kow what i did, ate, whatever
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am proud of you, Ruby.
    you are an inspiration to everyone. do not forget this. there are loads of people that are in recovery that are checking your account as well. we can be our worst enablers, and at the same time, we are able to help each other in ways that one cannot even describe.
    i love you honey
    take care xxx

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x