Saturday 22 November 2014

Progress Report

It seems that when people do progress reports on the internet
It's mostly to do with losing weight
Endless before and after photos
Of people posting their miraculous weight loss
20 pounds
50 pounds
100 pounds
Photos of hip bones
And clavicles
Six packs
Long lean limbs
Bronzed skin
Glowing complexions
And that's great
Congratulations to them
My progress report is somewhat different
And so is yours probably
If you are embarking on recovery

I started of at  the beginning of the year
With a worryingly low BMI
And it continued to plummet
This was the first time I had taken photos of my emaciated body
As I wanted to document this time in my life
And as a reminder of the hell I used to live in
And a stark reminder never to go back there again
It's been a crazy year so far
But one of the best
I finally stood up to my demons
I faced them head on
And you know what?
Once I showed them that I wasn't afraid of them
And that I could overcome them
They ran in the opposite direction
Just try stopping this recovering anorectic and addict


March 2014



April 2014

May 2014

June




July 2014

September 2014

October 2014

4 comments:

  1. this is so refreshing,lets hope you start a new trend! have a great weekend,jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And guess what? You still look amazing. Even more so if you ask me. You are beautiful, no matter what your size =)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to point out what you're wearing in June and ask where you summer is!? Also, you look far better and far more vibrant now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x