Sunday 18 January 2015

Archive

I spent about an hour and a half last night reading my blog archive
It was truly fascinating
Every little detail from the last three years of my life documented
It really was like reading about someone else's life
A lot of things I had forgotten
Thank you pesky short term memory loss
Some things I had blocked from my memory
Some things I didn't even want to be reminded of 
But what a journey I have been on
I forget a lot of the time how much has happened
What I have been through
What I have survived
It's crazy

I went back to March 2013
Because I wanted to read about the time when I had pancreatitis
That time is very hazy
And to read all about it
As if I was a third person was chilling
It was after that hospitalisation that I began to lose weight rapidly
A lot of the posts around that time are about appointments with Mary
I don't really think about her right now because it's easier not to
But she really was an amazingly positive influence in my life
To read about her
The stories she told me
The way she told me endlessly that I could get well 
And live a full and happy life
She was so sure
So sure that I could recover
Why did I ever doubt her?

Sometimes I think about my life
And how little I have to show for my 33 years on this earth
If I think about it too much
It can really get me down
People always tell me 
That I have overcome so much
I've battled drug addiction
Alcoholism
Anorexia and bulimia
But I have had to fight those demons to get to the point where most people start off
I am now at the point in my life
Or least I am getting to the point in my life
Where most people are before they can walk
A 'normal' healthy functioning human being
I feel like I am so far behind
I don't know if I will ever catch up 
Or if I even want to

I have far too much time on my hands
And my mind is going to 'dark and twisty' places 
Too dark and twisty for my liking
I think about drugs
And how I miss them
I think about The boy
And how much trouble we could get in together
I think about death
And how I equally fear it and welcome it
I really wish my mind had an off switch 
As all this thinking is making me crave oblivion

Edit: This post was brought to you by a girl whose head, for a brief period today, was up her ass
Don't worry
I haven't 
And will not do any of said 'dark and twisty' things
Normal service will resume tomorrow
When said head is out of said ass
And yes
I am loving using the word 'said' at the moment
Said word is awesome.....

5 comments:

  1. This actually is a great thing about blogging, that you can come back to the exact day from your past, anytime you want. Remind youself about good or bad moments and use them as motivation to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did this last week. It's good for me to read back, but sometimes it's depressing as well. Sometimes I find it triggering, other times I find it inspirational. I have enjoyed reading your journey dear Ruby.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to get a job! Then you can afford to pay your own way instead of relying on others, and you will have less time to think about bad things :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think?
      Since when has getting a job been a cure for mental illness and addiction?
      Really insightful!

      Delete
  4. Well, your head/mind was in a dark place allright....
    But maybe it's kind of normal that you sometimes long to certain times and places, however dangerous or under the influence? It has made up such a big part of your life so far.... As long as the answer to the question: 'what would you want to do from here on out'? is less destructive than actually do drugs and dangerous things....
    A mind may wonder.... as long as the person owning the mind (or said mind, if you please) does not.

    (L)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x