Sunday 4 January 2015

FAQ

I seem to have acquired some new readers recently
So I thought I would a Q and A
About questions that I frequently get asked
Feel free to ask your own.......

Where do you live?
I live near a small town on the west coast of Ireland
I moved here 10 years ago
I grew up in the midlands
And over the years have lived in Dublin and Galway
I love it here though
It's the country side
So it's perfect for someone who loves animals

Do you have brothers and sisters?
Yes
I have two older sisters
And an older brother
I am the youngest

How old are you?
I'm 33
Funnily, I used to loathe telling people my age
As I was convinced that everyone on blogger was a lot younger than me
However I now know that's not true
And I have no problem telling people my age

What age were you diagnosed with your ED?
I was 19
It was while I was doing a drug detox in hospital
It was quite a shock
And I denied it for a long time
I just couldn't accept that I had both an addiction problem and an ED
It wasn't until I was about 23 that I finally accepted that I had food and weight issues

How long were you addicted to drugs for?
About 7 years
The worst years of my life

Which is worse
Your ED or your addiction?
They are both different strands of the same problem
I couldn't say that one is worse than the other
They are equally hellish

Do you consider yourself to be in recovery?
I do
Even though it is a very rocky road
I am trying my best to make a better life for myself

Do you have any pets?
I think most of you know that I have two dogs
Lea a Golden Retriever
And Honey a little Terrier
They are both 9
And have saved my life over and over

What are your hobbies?
I love to write
To dance
To swim
Walk
Watch movies
They are my main hobbies

When did you start blogging?
I started writing my blog in April 2012
Almost 3 years ago

Why did you start blogging?
I started reading blogs first
I was reading them for quite a quite a while before I was inspired to write my own
The first blogs I read were Lou over at My life with ED, Ana and Mia
And Recovering Anorexic over on Wordpress
Now I read a variety of blogs
But mostly ED blogs

What star sign are you?
I'm a Virgo
I was born on the 7th September
I was quite  a typical Virgo
Determined
Stubborn
Single minded
Neat and hard working

Have you ever worked?
Yes I have had a variety of jobs
I worked in a bank for a while
A clothes shop
An office
A pizzeria
I taught dance to kids for a few years
But I haven't worked in  couple of years now
I hope to go back someday

What is your dream job?
To go back to dancing
Or to work with animals

What is your favourite colour?
I love blue and purple

What music do you like?
I love all kinds of music
I love Lana Del Ray
Bat for Lashes
Rudimental
Clean Bandit
Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Too many to mention

Are you religious?
I would consider myself more spiritual than religious

What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Treat others as you would like to be treated
Be yourself

Do you drive?
I do
I have a little 03 Toyota Yaris
I love it!

What has been the highlight of your blogging experience?
Meeting all the amazing girls here
And being able to call them friends

Do you believe that full recovery is possible?
I do
But like any addiction
I don't think it ever fully goes away
But we learn to manage it

Let me know if you have any more questions.....





6 comments:

  1. no one can be as vile as she pretends to be can they? but totally lacking empathy and compassion in any form.wont watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry posted this comment in wrong place! meant katie hopkins x

      Delete
    2. and I'm not strange ,.comment all the time but can't always leave name as share computer.love ruby to bits ,so read post so it makes sense.j x

      Delete
  2. I dont really have a question. Am a new follower so just thought i should stop by and say hi. Lovely blog :-)
    / K

    ReplyDelete
  3. that anon is rubbing me the wrong way. it's far too early for me to make accusations, but I don't like you strange anon.
    I love these little tidbits about you. my favourite one is the colours one. I think the colours that you love tell you a lot about yourself. I'm in love with colours if anything. they are so therapeutic in so many ways.
    I love you, dear. I do I do I do love you to the moon and back.
    <3

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a Virgo. My birthday being the 5th =) I'm so glad you started blogging. I love reading what you write.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x