Monday 5 January 2015

Honey

I don't know if I mentioned it or not
But Honey has been having an issue with her eye lately
At first we noticed there was a little cloud on her left eye
We brought her to the vet
But the vet wasn't sure what it is
So she prescribed drops
And told us to wait and see how she got on
It's didn't seem to be bothering Honey
Or effecting her eye sight
But even so
We kept a close eye on her

Then yesterday we were playing fetch in the kitchen
Honey was running around as usual
Having a great time
When all of a sudden
She let a little high pitched yelp out of her
She ran in to the corner behind the chair
And looked really sheepish
From then on
I kept a close eye on her
She seemed to be keeping her left eye tightly closed
And it was starting to weep
She stayed in behind the chair for ages
And was holding her head in a funny way
I was starting to get worried at this stage
And unfortunately it was a Sunday
So we had to wait until the following morning to bring her

This morning I got up early to check her
She was wiping her eye with her little paw
And she seemed to be in a lot of distress
I couldn't get a close look at her eye
As she had it closed very tightly
But I could see that it was red and swelling up
I bundled her and Lea in to the car
And off we set

I had to nip to the doctors first
That went fine
I am still on daily dispensing
Except on Saturday when I get a double dose
That is just fine with me
At least it will keep me out of trouble for now
I picked up my meds in the chemist
And then headed for the vet

We arrived at the vet at about 10am
They know us by this stage
So they greeted Honey warmly
While we were waiting
We weighed Honey
She has out on a little over Christmas
But haven't we all
Then we were called in to the surgery

I lifted Honey up on the table
And the vet took a look at her poor eye
She pulled back the eyelid to expose huge swelling in the white part of her eye
So much so you couldn't actually make out the pupil of her eye
I actually gasped when I saw it
As I didn't think it was that bad
And looking at it closely
I could see that the outside of her eye was all swollen and red too
Poor little Honey Bunny
I felt so sorry for her

By now Honey was not impressed with being poked at
And she began to growl at the vet
So we had to put a muzzle on her
The vet thought that her eye might be infected also
Because of the redness and the discharge
She prescribed pain killers
Antibiotics
And anti inflammatory tablets
And Honey also has to now wear a buster collar
You know the one that looks like a lampshade?
Honey is not happy about this
I think she feels pretty humiliated
So will keep a close eye on her this week
And she has to go back to the vet on Friday
Before we left
The vet gave Honey some injections to get her started

I collected the meds (which always cost a small fortune)
But I don't mind
Anything for my dogs
Their health is first and foremost in my mind
Honey banged and bumped her way back to the car
The poor little thing
I really feel for her

Now she is home
And she seems to be a bit brighter
She is eating
And walking around
And bullying Lea
So I am glad to see that she is coming back to herself
I truly hope that she makes a  full recovery
And goes back to being the Honey Bunny that I know and  love

8 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the Cone of Shame. I hope this sorts her out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bless her hope she feels better soon.cant bear when my animals poorly even the hamster, love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. O no...... Poor little sweet Honey....
    I wish her all the best, hopefully the meds will work soon and she will heal completely

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that she's able to make a full recovery.
    poor Honey, dear... and I had to chuckle at the part about Honey bullying Lea. aw, dear. <3

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, poor Honey. I'm glad to hear she's feeling a bit better. I hope she doesn't need the cone too much longer. Billy's had those a few times before (we call them Elizabethan collars) and they never go down well.

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor little thing! I have had a million eye infections and they are no fun, so you let Honey know that I feel her pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Honey!! I hope her pain clears up soon!
    <3 Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry Honey is feeling so badly. It is so hard when pets get sick or hurt because we can't really help them understand what's happening. I hope she is better soon. When my cat gets sick (she gets minor eye infections or upper respiratory infections sometimes) I spoil her with food and love and anything I can think of to make her feel better.

    I also sympathize about the expense. I hate how expensive veterinary care can be.. I mean my pets are worth it because they're my children. I just always hope the money will be there. There is pet insurance and sometimes pharmacy sites online that sell medications cheaper, but I know very little about it. I just hope/pray for healthy pets for me and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x