Tuesday 6 January 2015

Poor little Honey

Honey is not much better today
In fact she is utterly miserable
And the fact she is wearing a buster collar is not helping matters
She keeps trying to scratch her sore eye
I really and truly feel sorry for her
Her eye is still very red and swollen
We felt so sorry for her last night
That we let her in to the living room
Usually they stay in the kitchen and utility room
We brought her bed in
And she lay between my sister and I
Getting up every so often
And snoring quietly

When I went to get them up this morning
Honey didn't move an inch
Usually she bounds out to greet me
She is really not herself

Then I had to give her the medication the vet gave us
She wouldn't take it on its own
So I wrapped the tablet in s bit of ham
But she still wouldn't take it
I went to the shops and bought some roast beef
Hoping that would tempt her
It took a while
But the meds eventually went down

I guess all I can do is keep an eye on her
And give her plenty of TLC
I'm hopeful that she will make a full recovery
And we will look after her as best we can





12 comments:

  1. Oh my the poor thing :(
    Much love and feel good vibes from here.....
    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh noooo... get well soon, Honey-baby!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does Lilly
      I miss my bold little Honey x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's breaking my heart to see her like this CP x

      Delete
  4. she looks very sorry for herself poor Honey,lots of spoiling in order.hope she starts feel better soon. jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does doesn't she?
      Her meds have knocked her out today
      So hopefully she will get back on track now x

      Delete
  5. awww honey, hope she starts to feel better soon. Its funny how you intuitively know how your dog is feeling. Best wishes. em x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little honey, she looks so sad. I hope she gets better soon. We had to put one of those collars on my dog once after she ate a bee and her face puffed up. She looked like a lampshade.
    I hope honey starts feeling better and more like herself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor thing. And she looks so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it honestly breaks my heart seeing her in that cone, looking so sad. I hope that she makes a full recovery soon. if it breaks my heart, then I don't know how you must be feeling, dear.

    I hope you're doing well yourself. remember: take care of yourself so you can take care of her too! <3

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x