Wednesday 7 January 2015

Progress Report

Nurse Ruby here 
Reporting for duty
Today I have one patient 
Name: Honey
Age: 9
Species: Canine
Ailment: Eye infection

Honey presented with a very blood shot and swollen
It was so swollen 
I couldn't even see the pupil of the eye
And it was clear she was in a lot of pain
Honey was prescribed antibiotics, pain killers and anti inflammatory tablets
To be taken over the course of a week
She also has to wear a buster collar until the eye clears up

Honey was not in great form for the last few days
She spent a lot of time in her bed 
And the meds seem to be really taking it out of her

Today
I am delighted to report that she is in better form
She is up on her feet
She's eating
And she even barked at next doors dog
Meds are going well too
She is taking them without too much fuss
So I am optimistic that she will make a full recovery

On another note
I applied to be a foster mum to dogs that need it
I am so looking forward to this
I've wanted to do this for ages
I'll keep you updated
 
Here is Honey today





4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Honey is doing better. We do love them our pets, as a natural part of the family.

    I think fostering is a great idea, except for me: I'd keep them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey looks so much better and I'm glad she will get well soon.
    Fostering animals is a wonderful thing to do. My mum and I foster kittens together and I love when we get a new batch of them in the house.
    I can't wait to hear about the foster puppies you'll have soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is great news :) I'm so glad your little Honey's starting to feel better, and that's so exciting that you're going to start fostering. One day I want to take in older dogs to give them a loving home in their later days, though I think I need to be a tad more emotionally stable first.

    I know this is random, but it took me ages to remember that Honey was the little one. One of my friends had a dog like Lea called Honey!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm INCREDIBLY glad that Honey is doing better! <3
    I just felt so sad for her yesterday. I had a feeling she'd get better though and I think you did too (mother's intuition?). either way, darling, i'm very glad to see this.
    Honey's a strong little one!

    also, congratulations on becoming a foster mum for doggies. it sounds right up your alley! I wish you the best, dear.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x