Wednesday 4 March 2015

Baby Steps

As you know
I was supposed to go to a meeting yesterday with my friend
However 
Heavy snow fall on Monday night/Tuesday morning meant that I couldn't go
I was really annoyed 
As I had planned on actually going this week
So tomorrow is the day now 
I will go to the lunch time AA meeting with my friend

I guess this friend is the closest thing I have to a best friend 
I've known her for a few years now
She also has addiction and ED issues
But she is very strong in her recovery
And she has always been there for me over the years
I spoke to her on the phone yesterday for quite a while
I told her all about the situation with The Boy
She could identify with boy drama
And she doesn't judge me at all
But she thinks I should stay away from him
She makes a lot of sense

So by hook or by crook
I will get to that meeting tomorrow
I feel pumped and motivated to get back on track
I have to
Not just for myself
But for my family and my dogs
And as for The Boy
Well
That relationship has to end
Everyone keeps telling me how there are other boys out there
I hope there is
I guess it's hard to believe that anyone would like me
When I don't like myself very much
But I know the right thing to do is to stop seeing The Boy
Before anyone else gets hurt

My appetite has been suffering through all of this
But on the bright side
I haven't been purging at all
And by that I mean I have been purging 1-2 times a day
That's about as good as it gets for me right now

My relationship with my weight and body image is very changable 
Some days I look in the mirror
And I can just about tolerate what I see
Some days I cry
And try on every item of clothing in my wardrobe
And lose the will to live with every change
Sometimes I look at myself and think that I look like something approaching ok and presentable
I would love to like my body more even just a little bit
But more often than not it is the enemy 
It is one to be feared

My  and I went on a little road trip today
I bought  two tops
And some gifts for my mum
Here they are........







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love x