Sunday 19 July 2015

Update

You guys!!!
Guess what?
He rang!!!
He actually rang!!
Hold on 
Rewind a little bit 
 I was reading all your comments
And most of them were saying how I should text him back
Be casual but confident
And be a strong independent woman
Bite the bullet
Put myself out there 
I had decided not to text him until I got back from my trip on Wednesday 
My family and I are taking my nephew away for a couple of days for his fifteenth birthday
And I was glad of the distraction
But then earlier on
I just all of a sudden found some courage and sent him the following text

Hey, just wondering if you still want to meet up, I'm away until Wednesday but can meet up after that if you're still up for it?

I sent it 
And threw the phone away
I honestly wasn't expecting an answer 
I was doing it more just so I could say that I tried 
And would then be able to let it go
I went to make a cup of tea 
And when I picked my phone up again
There was a missed call from an unknown number
I started wondering who it was
And then
A couple of minutes later
My phone rang again
And it was him!

I took a deep breath and tried to remain calm
I answered after a few rings

Hello

Hello is that Ruby

Yes this is her

Oh hey this is The Plumber
Can you talk?

Yea sure I can talk
I'm just packing here as we are heading away tomorrow

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you the other night
I wasn't too gone on the whole cafe idea
You sure you wouldn't like to go to the cinema?

Oh yea I would like to go if you'd still like to. Is there anything you'd like to see ?

Sure we'll have a look during the week

Ok well why don't you give me a ring Wednesday or Thursday and we'll go from there

Ok sound I'll speak to you then

See you later

Bye 

Thankfully it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be
I was actually calm
And he seemed kind but confident 
Yikes I can believe it actually happened
I had seriously written this one off!
So now I have a couple of days to psych myself up
Choose an outfit
Make myself as pretty and presentable as possible
But you know what?
I'm not going to take this too seriously
I'm going to have fun
And enjoy it
And not read too much in to it what ever happens happens
And I can chalk it up to experience

Again
Thank you for all your valuable support
It was really down to you guys that I mustered the courage to text him
It never ceases to amaze me
The amazing live and support that is here in our little corner of blogger

I'm away tomorrow for a couple of days 
And probably my won't get to blog
As well be in Northern Ireland
But I promise to update as soon as I can 
Until then....

14 comments:

  1. What was wrong with coffee?
    Well never mind!!

    I glad you got the call. Although I am a true proponent of "play hard to get" ... I am very excited for you. I will love reading about your date.

    What has your neighbor told you about this guy by the way?

    Have a nice trip away xoxo shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo !!
    Right on, Rubs-!! :D :D

    CHUFFT for ya-! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!! *squeals* What are you going to wear?!
    Have a nice trip in the meantime <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh fabulous!!! show us pictures of what you are wearing please!!!! he is a lucky guy!! have fun!!

    PS: sorry if I was a bit sad/sounded bitter recently, I almost OD'd; I took 'something' on top of my prescribed medication..., could not talk to anyone... really really think about blogging now, but I am also very scared to be out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Josephin! I'm so sorry to hear that!! :(
      I shall be Praying for you. I'm grateful you survived it & hope you will have a compleat recovery w/no lasting effects-!!

      Please take care of yourself; Jils

      Delete
    2. On no Josephine!
      So sorry to read this
      Are you ok?
      Please be ok.
      And please email me if you would like some support
      Do you have anyone you can talk to or to help you?
      I truly hope so
      Really hoping that you are ok
      I'm away until Wednesday
      So might not be on blogger until then
      But if you email me I will reply

      Please take good care of you
      Hoping and praying that you are ok x

      Delete
  5. Yay! Omg, I would be so nervous :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ruby, jils you are the loveliest...thankyou... i am home, it was a few days back, I have just been such a idiot, opiates on top of methadone... just wanted to check out of it all... almost stopped breathing, but ok now.doctors were really nasty though
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Josephin :D
      Sounds like you are feeling a bit better now, glad you are home-! Said a Prayer for you last night, & will say more. Thank GOD [literally-!] that HE has spared your life !!
      I'm hoping you won't do this again b/c despite how low we can feel, there is ALWAYS Hope as long as we draw breath; [& HE has allowed you to retain yours-!] As cliché as it sounds, your life has purpose & meaning--else you would not [still] be here.
      Sorry the drs were so awful to you!! You obviously had enough going on or you wouldn't have been there in the 1er place; them adding more baggage was cruel & highly unprofessional!! >: (]
      Please be ok, & if you like you can talk to Me; mind I'm no Ruby-FIERCE, (as IF!) & totally lack her eloquence, but I can listen to you. ; )

      rebajayne14 @hotmail.com

      Delete
  7. Oh rubs that's great he sounds good! So funny this, I watched Nurse Jackie, it's a great US series, she's a cracker up girl amongst other things she has a prescription drugs addiction which we watch her get over blah blah get it if you don't have it yet...anyhow. ..last week she meets this cop she likes they go on dates and she likes him, he says let's do this again tomorrow, she goes' you should know I'm divorced got two teenage girls and am a recovering drug addict' he says' it's a date then'
    I mean you never know what tomorrow brings, I am such a screw up myself and am sure as hell that living with me and my demons is no walk in a park, but I have my husband and my lil boy and I know I have so much to give to them, to us and our lil family, life is so much more for having them in it
    So go out, enjoy being yourself, go with the flow, remember your instinct and think of all of us here who prove that you can be a little fucked up and still be loveable AND YOU ARE xxxxk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEeeep that's exciting!! He got in touch with you!!!!! Eeeeeep!!! I'm so excited for you! I wish we bloggers could all meet up and get you all ready to go out on your 'date' to the cinema! You're bound to be nervous I'm sure, but I just hope you can let your hair down and enjoy the time as much as you can! Enjoy your time away too lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I had seriously written this one off!"

    this is the part where i smirk and say 'oh, no, darling...things happen when we least expect them to.'

    i love you so much.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x