Thursday 17 September 2015

Style #1

So I've been living with my new hair cut for about 24 hours now
The initial shock of seeing my head shaved has worn off 
And my new hair is growing on me
Literally 
I think I like it though
I am just getting used to it
And playing with different styles
And you guys
It is so much fun!
This is the look that I've always wanted 
But just didn't have the confidence or courage to do
I guess for the longest time I've been Ruby the patient
The sick one
And I couldn't see beyond that 
Now I know that I am much more than Ruby the anorectic 
Or Ruby the addict
Now I am Ruby the dog sitter 
Ruby the volunteer
Ruby the girl with the pierced nose and shaved head
Ruby the girl who is so much more than her illness 

As I said in some of my comments
I feel like a teenager
Experimenting 
Finding out who I am 
What I like
What I want to look like 
And I love it!
I know my mother is horrified with my new look 
But isn't that the way that the world works?
The older generation gasp at the younger one?
Yes
That's exactly the way it should be
I would be worried if my mother really liked my look
I sent a photo to my Dad last night 
He sent back a text 'very nice Ruby' 
Ha!
I'm pretty sure he very nearly had a heart attack when he saw it

Anyway
Here is today's style 
Will I ever get tired of putting my hair in a bun?
I don't think so.....








4 comments:

  1. http://weheartit.com/entry/group/35788674

    I'm quite keen on the nape styles. I'm thinking about this. I might still be able to hide it for work.

    Anywho,
    looking good ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog forever and I have so many times almost posted a comment, but in the end did not. I am compelled to tell you this time, though, that I love your hair! It is so fun, and the fact that you love it makes it doubly beautiful. I am so inspired by you, and we have a lot in common. I once had a mohawk and my mother was horrified. I told her it would grow back. And it did! Enjoy your wonderful hair and your wonderful life- you deserve both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    Thank you so much for this comment and for reading and supporting my blog
    I always love to hear from readers
    And find out about you

    Oh you had a Mohawk?
    That is so cool!
    I am so inspired to try out new styles now
    It's so fun finding out who I am
    And what I like

    I hope you see this reply
    And I hope to hear from you again soon

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x