Tuesday 15 September 2015

The Haircut: You decide

As you know
Lately I have been experimenting with my look
I've had my nose pierced
I'm now wearing glasses
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo
And next for a change
Is my hair

I have made an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow morning
And I have two styles that I am thinking of getting done
Here is where I need your help
The first style is the under cut
Ala Rita Ora

 Image result for under cut rita ora#

I told my Dad that I am thinking of getting this done
And he said I was in the 'wrong age bracket'
But I really don't care if I am the wrong age
Or even if its passe
I still want to get it done

The other style is similar
The half shaved head
Like this









Image result for half shaved hairstyles

 So I'm wondering what you guys think
Have you ever had either of these styles?
Which do you think  would suit me better?
 And please do tell me if you think I have lost my mind
I'm a big girl
I can handle it

Its just that I so sick of my hair right now
I have two styles that I rotate
Hair up in a bun
Or down and straightened
It just doesn't go with who I am any more
You know?

Anyway
Let me know your thoughts
I am waiting with baited breath........

10 comments:

  1. Your darling dad lives in the past or in the wrong time bracket (no offence). The second option looks fabulous. (the rita ora cut won't have much of an effect, it just thins out the back) AND i would consider to dye the hair white/platinum (get the stylist to use Olaplex!) as well. could look spectacular esp. with your dark glasses! maybe together with a dark tint for your lashes?
    sry i worked as a stylist, that's why i am so damn sure... ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he Julia
      I think it's funny that my Mum and Dad are so freaked out by these things
      It's kind of like I am a teenager rebelling

      Thanks for the suggestion
      I love it!
      And wow, you were a stylist?
      That's so cool!

      I'm so looking forward to getting my hair done
      Then I am going on holiday
      So I am so excited to finally feel like me

      Thanks again x

      Delete
  2. I think buzzing underneath would look really cool! And the best part about it is that you can easily hide it (if/when you want/need) but it's also easy to show it off. I like the versatility.

    Just a tiny bit of caution... I had a friend who cut her hair like that, and it is SUCH a pain to grow it back out. There's lots of cool things you could do with your hair without shaving any of it :-P but then again, I am a big believer in "it always grows back!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hun,

      Yea ideally that's what I would like
      Something dramatic
      But easy to hide
      So I am thinking of doing the side shaven look
      Am so excited to get it done
      And can't wait to show you all photos! X

      Delete
  3. Natalie Dormer is rocking that hair style at 33, so I'd say feck the appropriate "age bracket." If you want to, go for it. Like desesperee said^ it's easy to cover it if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here Mich!

      I'm guess I'm kind of doing in my thirties what I didn't do in my twenties
      Experimenting and all that
      And you know what?
      It's bloody good fun, he he! X

      Delete
  4. Go for it! Hair grows. I'm a big fan of drastic haircuts. I'd always had super long hair as a kid, like down past my butt. When I was 12, I cut it shoulder length, and when I was 14, I went to a pixie cut. When I gets past my butt again, I'm gonna shave it for charity and start over :)

    I think either style would be awesome. Screw 'age brackets'! The undercut would have an advantage purely because it can be easily covered to change looks (one of my mates has a crazy undercut mohawk, but when he wears it for work you could never tell).

    I need to learn how to put my hair up in anything other than a lazy comb. Oh, we could have the most epic girls' night in!!

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the only thing a style is wrong is if you're doing it for an external reason (going along with trends just because they're popular). I have never regretted the silly things I've done to my body and hair and clothing because they were always for me. If I were to be brave enough, I would do the side undercut like Natalie Dormer - BUT - I don't have enough hair to spare to be buzzing patches off, so I will shave vicariously though you! Do what you like and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes!!!! undercut plus platinum, you would rock that!!!!just do not go dark, (drains blondes) but i guess you know that anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna say "a" but both are cool. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x