Wednesday 23 September 2015

Turkey

It's our first proper day in Turkey 
We woke at about 8am
And headed down to the basement kitchen for breakfast
It's kind of self service here 
You just take what you want
And head up to the roof terrace
Which has some spectacular views
I was following the rest upstairs
Trying to balance my tray of beautiful food
I made my way in to the elevator 
And promptly spilled a glass of orange juice everywhere
On the floor 
On my feet 
In the elevator
A woman came and helped me clean up
And I headed up to the roof terrace
What a beautiful place to eat your breakfast 
I just had a slice of toast and an egg
As I want to keep my energy up
But I don't want to feel too full
Last night we went out for dinner
I was sure that I wouldn't like the food here 
But it was really delicious
We ordered lots of little sharing plates
Like stuffed peppers 
And various dips
Then we had two lamb dishes which were so yummy
It's nice to eat like that 
As you can just nibble away at whatever you fancy
After that 
We went back to the hotel for an early night
As we were all pretty wrecked

I've been wondering how to manage my meds while I'm here
So I've kind of been experimenting with where and when to take them 
This morning I took them as prescribed
But half way through breakfast
I was on the nod
And falling asleep
So while the others finished their food
I headed back to the room for a little nap
I slept for about 20mins
Met up with the others 
And we headed out to explore 

Our first port of call
Was the Galtara Tower
Which we climbed to see panoramic views of the city
To be honest though 
I couldn't enjoy it or appreciate it
As I was just too groggy
After about an hour 
I made the decision to go back to the hotel 
To recharge my batteries 
And have a sleep
She that's where I am now
I feel like such a light weight
And lesson learned with my meds
I will now either take them at night
Or not take the tablets at all 
All I can do now is rest
And be fighting fit for tomorrow

It's amazing 
I'm sitting here at the balcony of our room
It's 1pm
And I can hear the call to prayer in the distance 
It happens a few times a day
And there is something enchanting about hearing it

I haven't taken many photos yet 
Below is a small selection
Hopefully I will be back to myself tomorrow
And will take Istanbul by storm....

 





4 comments:

  1. this holiday looks like such a fantastic opportunity! have a wonderful time Ruby x
    take care and enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take your Mirtazapine in the morning?! I literally couldn't drive to work if I did that! Try taking that at night and then the Prozac in the morning? I am on Mirtazapine and used to be on an SSRI too, and that's how I take them :)

    Louisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, and the food sounds delish. If it's safe to take your meds of a nighttime, I think that's a really good plan. Especially the Mirtazapine!

    Love <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Sorry about the meds mishap, Lovie!! : (
    Hopfly you'll be able to sort out a workable schedule the remainder of the time.

    [Omm-nom-nom, L A M B…-!!! : P']

    <3 Jils… drooling MUCHLY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x