Tuesday 22 September 2015

Quick Update

Just a short and sweet post to let you know that we arrived safe and sound in Turkey
It was nothing short of a marathon of a journey
Which started at 4am this morning 
When we had to get up to catch the bus to Dublin airport at 5 20am
I had been pre warned by my sister not to go mad with my meds the day we were travelling
So I was very good 
And just took my methadone as prescribed
I decided not to take any tablets for today
The bus journey was stressful 
As we got caught in traffic 
And made it to the airport half an hour late 
So we had to rush to check in

Going through security
I had the usual rig-ma-role of explaining about my meds 
Showing my doctors letter and so on
There's never a problem with it
They just check it because methadone is in liquid form 

We met up with my brother and his partner then
And headed to the gate 
We boarded the plane at 11am
It was a four hour flight
During which I watched two movies
Had something to eat
And also had a little drinky-poo
Ssshhh
Don't tell anyone

We had a taxi prebooked
So when we landed 
We just had to find it
And off we went to the hotel
Where we arrived just before 8pm
I swear the driver drove up the steepest hill I have ever seen 
Scary stuff!

So we are here 
It's our first night
We are wrecked tired but excited to be here 
We are going to get something to eat 
And crash for the night
Here are some photos from today....











5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! And I'm so pleased to hear from you. i'm glad it went well today, if tiring. Sleep well tonight, take care and keep enjoying it all :)
    Lovely pictures and the hotel looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going away is tiring at first but so exciting!! is it very warm?xx jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Hope you have an amazing time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are You, sitting atop ta valise-!? : )

    Hey, thnx for letting us kno you've safely arrived ^_^
    Happy travels, you lot-!
    <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x