Monday 21 September 2015

Prior preparation prevents poor performance

So it's Monday again
Start of another week
It's hard to believe that it's almost October 
Next thing will be Halloween 
And then 
Well you know what's next after that
I won't say the word 
As I know a lot of people hate that time of year
I love holidays 
Especially Halloween
And the C word
So it's a great time of year for me in that respect
And speaking of holidays 
Tomorrow we are off to Turkey!
We depart at precisely 5 20am tomorrow morning 
I love getting up at an unGodly hour
Getting the bus
Going to the airport
I love it all 
Airports are such interesting places
Especially for people watching 

Packing started earlier this week
I threw everything in to my case
But when I saw how neatly my Mum and sister packed 
I took everything out again
And started fresh
I also did a cull of my clothes
As I had everything but the kitchen sink in there 
I'm a terrible packer
I always bring far too many clothes
I bring clothes I haven't worn in years 
You know 
Just in case 
Better to be safe than sorry I guess

I was in the doctors waiting room this morning 
And there was a girl in there with a really cool hair cut 
Her hair was shaved like mine 
Except on both sides
So the hair in the middle was like a small Mohawk
I am seriously considering getting it done when I come back 
I just have such an urge to do something drastic with my look
Something totally different for me
I guess I am playing around with my lol for a few months now 
I just want to experiment 
And change my look
For so long 
I concentrated on my weight
It was my be all and end all
But now I want to be defined by something other than my weight 
In a moment sadism 
I went to weigh myself the other day
But to my delight 
My scale wasn't working
Do I have no earthly clue what my weight is 
And you know what?
I have absolutely no shit to give
Not one iota 
And it feels great 

I was trying on clothes for my holiday
Dresses and skirts and tops 
I am slowly but surely finding out how to dress my shape in the best way
And developing my own style
It's great the way you can play around with clothes 
And find out what suits 
For Turkey
I am bringing lots of skirts and light trousers 
As well as a couple of dresses
While trying on clothes 
I was able to see what looks good on me
What is not so good 
And was able to do all this without having a major meltdown about how I look
That my friends 
Is progress

I had to get a letter from my doctor this morning
To say that I will be carrying 448mls of methadone
It's a controlled drug
And it's also in liquid forms so they always check it
But I have been all around the world with my meds
And have never had a problem
I was home
And putting my letter in my hand bag
When I found a letter from last when I went to the UK
I was surprised to see that I was on ten mls less of methadone back then
That is a distinct lack of progress 
And is in fact going backwards
It makes me wonder will I ever come off this drug
And the thing is
I would be perfectly happy to stay on it for the rest of my life
Once an addict
Always an addict 

I'm assuming I can blog from Turkey 
I will keep you all updated 
And of course supply you with many many photos 





10 comments:

  1. I love this, and especially the last picture! have a fantastic (and safe!) time, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely
      I will as ever keep you updated x

      Delete
  2. Have a great time, don't get caught up in any riots, and don't burn yourself in the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he
      Thanks CP
      I will do my best to stay out of trouble x

      Delete
  3. Awesome holiday. Got the jelly here!!

    Don't stress the methadone til you're feeling confident and have your dog shelter thing happening. Don't add anything else. You're going so well.

    I believe you will give it up in time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelby
      I know it will happen
      All in good time
      Thank you for believing in me x

      Delete
  4. You pack like me, you should have seen all my stuff when I moved to Mildura, it barely fit in the car :)
    I'm so proud of you, you've come so far. Not having a meltdown while trying on clothes is huge.
    I'm not eating disordered, but I hatevtryingbon clothes for this reason, and store mirrors that make me look like a whale *shudders*
    Keep up the good work.
    Ps. I think the methadone will be fine. I think as long as it's not over 100ml for liquids. Hence the little bottles. I always steal the little shampoos and stuff from hotels. They come in very handy.
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne
      I swear I keep adding things to my case
      Just in case
      So I really need to lock it up and forget about it

      Yes I've never had a problem with meds travelling
      So touch wood this will go smoothly too
      I am also always raiding hotel products
      I love them!! X

      Delete
  5. Bon voyage! I'm terrible with packing - I need multiple bags just for one night! I have too many comfort items.

    I know the methadone's a tricky issue, but please don't be too hard on yourself. Recovery (from anything) is not a linear journey. Your doc upped your dosage because you really needed it at the time. If you ask me, that's still better progress than if you'd kept quiet with your struggles and relapsed.

    Love you Ruby <3
    (I'll try to get around to your email today, sorry, this week's been crazy)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bells
      As ever
      You are there with a kind word
      And I am so grateful for that

      Don't worry at all about the email
      Once you got mine
      And know I got your card
      That's enough

      Love you too my dear friend x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x