Thursday 10 September 2015

Weighing it up....

I have my last session with Mary this afternoon
In recent weeks
We agreed that I would weigh myself once a week
And she wouldn't weigh me at all
I had been putting it off all week
I really didn't want my good mood spoiled by the little numbers on my scale 
I was going to do it the other night
When my sister was weighing herself 
But I just couldn't bring myself to do it

Side note: My sister is now convinced that she is fat
Welcome to my world...

Last night 
I bit the bullet 
And pulled out my scales from its home under my drawers
I had been trying on clothes to wear on holidays 
And in between outfits 
In my underwear 
I stood on the scales 
And a funny thing happened
I registered the number
The second highest number I've ever seen on a weighing scales in my whole life
I waited for the horror to envelop me
The shame
The embarrassment 
The guilt to wash over me
I closed my eyes and braced myself 
But you know what ?
It didn't happen
The absolute disgust I felt the last time I reached this weight just didn't happen
I opened my eyes and stood off the scale 
Mild confusion set in
I got dressed 
And sat on the edge of my bed 
Thinking 

I'm not entirely sure when it happened
But the number on the scale seems to have lost its power
And importance over me
How?
I'm not sure of that either 
All I know is that I can now stand on my scales without having a complete meltdown
If I was braver 
I would share my weight with you
But I'm not 
So I won't 

Even though I had no initial reaction to my weight 
I did make a secret pact with myself to lose some weight before my holiday
That lasted about two hours
When I decided a lolly was more fun than a diet
The thing is
That I have gained weight 
But my clothes still fit me
Apart from one pair of trousers which I don't really wear anyway 
But I feel ok in my skin
I know I'm now curvy 
And shapely 
And that's ok 
I am ok 
Just the way I am

Right 
Will update after session with Mary
Have a lovely Tuesday.... 

15 comments:

  1. This made me smile SO much. Ruby I am so glad for you. Give yourself a hug from me and (I suspect) all your readers. Warmest congratulations on reaching this stage :)
    Happy Thursday, and may you float away from Mary's in peace and great joy x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for these lovely words
      I wish I could hug you and all my friends here
      I wish I could give you all a little bit of the peace that I am feeling
      Because you all deserve it x

      Delete
  2. Probably because you're sick to death of it.
    And you're alive to the FACT you are valuable in your own right.

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Shelby
      I am more than sick of it
      Onwards and upwards...., x

      Delete
  3. Oh Ruby you really inspire me! Was feeling terrible after looking at the scales today, but this post made me smile. Thank you ! And keep up the amazing work: )
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruby you really inspire me! Was feeling terrible after looking at the scales today, but this post made me smile. Thank you ! And keep up the amazing work: )
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to read this
      So happy that this post helped you
      Scales are evil!!! X

      Delete
  5. thats fantastic ruby,i love to read this! xx jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all there for you too Jo Jo
      And I know you will get there x

      Delete
  6. Do you know how amazing this is? you are such an inspiration. This is my ultimate goal, to step on the scales and not give a f... this is soon inspiring! Thank you for coming this far. You proofed it IS possible!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is possible Julia
      And I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself
      It's amazing
      Such a great feeling
      And it's there for you too x

      Delete
  7. Really made me happy to read this! :)

    WELL BLOODY DONE :D

    It's just a number, and it's such a high cost for health and happiness. I'm so pleased it's losing its power!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Agnes
      And so lovely to hear from you again
      You have been missed x

      Delete
  8. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days now and it feels scary. I feel huge! But my clothes fit as usual, so I don't know what to bleieve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear CP
      It is such a relief not to weigh
      I highly recommend it x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x