Thursday 15 October 2015

Much ado about boobs....

Yes
This is another post about boobs
And the fact that I have newly acquired a set of 34 D boobs
Well
I guess I've had them all the time 
I just didn't know that I had them
I looked at the bra that I was wearing yesterday before I was measured
You guys
It was 32 B
I was squeezing my ample bosom in to a teeny tiny bra
No wonder when I looked at the holiday photos
My boobage was all over the place 
Spilling out of the top and sides of my clothes
People 
I was in denial about my chest 
In my head I had nice petite bosom
But now I know the truth 
That I have  massive boobs!

I am slowly but surely coming to terms with the size of my chest 
I have to 
They are out there front and centre for everyone to see
There is no denying them now
I have taken out my new bras many times since yesterday 
And looked at them in disbelief 
They are a thing of wonder 
I swear you could fit a basketball in each cup
It could swaddle a small child 
It could hold two adult sized heads 
shit you not
I have tried many times to get a photo 
But 
Photos just don't do it justice
I did think about posting a photo of me just in my bra 
But after consulting with my mother 
We decided that it might attract an unsavoury element to my blog
So that was a no go 

But all joking aside 
It's quite the traumatic event getting measured for a bra having gained weight 
Growing up 
I was pretty flat chested 
In to my twenties I was a 32 B
Blooming to a 34 D is a relatively new phenomenon 
But I guess it's partly to do with my age also 
I am 34 
I am a grown woman 
Even though Most of the time I am in denial about that 
My body has changed in the last few years 
I used to be so straight up and down 
No curves 
No shapes 
Now?
Well I have curves and shape to spare 
And I am becoming ok with that 
I've lost and gained so much weight over the years 
My body probably doesn't know what is happening 
And is trying to hold on to weight for dear life
I know I wrote about it yesterday 
But I was in genuine shock when the sales lady had me try on a 34 D
I thought she was just trying to figure out what size I was 
And then when it fit perfectly!
Well
I was in disbelief 
And you guys 
Not even only is my second bra a 32 D
It's a 32 DD!
I was too embarrassed to say yesterday 
But she actually said I was between a D and a DD
Jesus H Christ ladies!
What is happening to me?
I swear I don't recognise myself anymore
I think I am becoming 
Dare I say it 
Plus size
I feel like I have gone beyond the realm of  a normal healthy weight
And am tipping in to plus size 
Now I could be completely wrong about that 
I mean 
I am a UK size 10
So technically 
I am still of a normal healthy weight
But you guys 
I feel like there is so much of me at the moment 
That I can barely contain myself 
It's scary 
It's exciting 
It's terrifying 
It's thrilling 
It's so many emotions and feelings 

One of the great things about my bra now fitting correctly 
Is that it gives my body a nice shape 
I look in proportion
My waist looks smaller in comparison to my chest 
And I just look a bit more balanced
So that's nice
Now I just need the confidence to rock my new look!

I just asked my Mum if she thinks I am plus size 
She clicked her tongue and laughed 
So maybe I am wrong about that one 
I'm just trying to make myself feel a little better about this situation

I am aware that there are people reading this 
Who are still in the midst of their illness
Still suffering 
Still underweight 
And can't even contemplate allowing themselves to gain weight
I know that what I'm writing about here today is something that you might even greatly fear
And just can't let yourself go to that place 
I know because I was you 
I was in that place
When I was sick and underweight 
Allowing myself to gain weight was just out of the question
I couldn't comprehend it
It was something that terrified me 
To the point that I went to drastic measures to keep my weight low
I over exercised
I purged a stupid amount every day
I used laxatives and enemas 
I ate and allowed my body to consume precious little
Weight gain was my biggest fear
I can remember being in treatment 
I couldn't let go of the control
Couldn't eat and keep it down 
Wouldn't let my body absorb the calories it so desperately needed
At that time 
In my mind 
There was nothing worse that gaining weight 
It was inconceivable 
I couldn't get my head around it 
But then 
As you know 
About last April
I began to regain weight
In a lot of ways 
My recovery has happened in spite of me 
In a lot of ways 
It feels like I was carried along on a wave of love and support
And weight gain and recovery happened to me 
Rather than something I actively participated in
I know that sounds strange
But that's the way it feels
And I know that is probably the exception  rather than the norm 

But what I want to tell you
And you know I would never lie to you 
That weight gain hasn't been the horrid thing that I thought it would be
Of course 
As first 
It was traumatic 
And for me it happened very quickly 
Faster than I could process it
I can vividly remember the first time I noticed weight gain
I was still very under weight
But I was in the shower one night 
And I noticed that my tummy felt bigger 
I got out of the shower 
And proceeded to weigh myself 
I had gained a couple of kilos 
And I just wanted to die 
That was probably my lowest moment in regard to weight regain
After that 
It got easier 
I saw the benefits that came along with weight gain 
And I realised that I would rather be healthy and happy 
Rather than underweight and miserable 
Yes 
There is a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you are thin
But if you are utterly miserable 
Is it really worth it?
I really don't think so

Of course 
I realise that when I was ill
So many people told me these exact words 
That recovery is worth it
And I just had to take a leap of faith
So many people 
My family 
My friends
The professionals 
Told me to take a chance 
And I would reap the rewards 
But I know it's no good being told this 
You have to experience it for yourself 
Because I didn't believe those people 
Didn't want to believe them 
I was so stuck in a rut 
So disordered
And my thinking was so warped 
You don't think straight when you are malnourished
It's harder to make sense of things

Now that I am out the other side of my ED 
I feel it my duty and obligation
To tell you that there is life beyond ED
And addiction
I am more cautious to talk about addiction
As I still struggle with this 
Regarding my meds 
But with my ED?
My life is unrecognisable 
I feel one million times better 
I look very different 
I am a different person 
And I need you to know that it is possible for you too 
It's essential thdt you don't give up hope 
That you keep fighting for a better life
And a better future
Because there is a second chance for all of us 
If you are like me 
You might think that it is too late for you
But it's never too late 
Never 
I  am 35 years old
And it's only now that I am figuring things out 
And I am a slow learner 
My twenties were really tough 
A lot of people's twenties are
It's a time when we are trying to figure out who we are 
And what we are about 
Often we make a lot of silly choices and mistakes during this time 
God knows I sure did 
But now that I have reached my thirties 
I am a bit more sure of myself 
A bit more settled
And it's such a relief 
Such a good feeling to be finally figuring things out
Because for so long 
I was so lost 
So afraid 
So lonely 
But now 
Now things are coming together for me
And I am so grateful for that 

So please 
If you do one thing today 
Allow yourself to believe that there is a better life for you
There is life after anorexia/bulimia 
There is hope 
There is faith
There is a second chance for you
I know because it happened to me 
I fell as low as you can go
But I stand here before you today
Stronger than ever
If I can help just one person with my blog
And my experience 
Then my path and my experience 
has been worth it 
So please 
Today 
Give yourself a break
Give yourself the best gift of all
The gift of recovery and life 
Because you are worth it 
We all are

Now 
Back to boobs 
Here is a photo of one of my new bras 
You see?
It's mahoosive!!!







12 comments:

  1. 34 D and 32 DD are basically the same size, so don't worry Ruby! If you go one down on the inches and one up on the cup, then its the same size as before. It's why 38 B is actually like a D of a smaller inch size!

    Louisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea
      I guess that makes sense
      Thank you for the helpful info x

      Delete
  2. It's never too late Ruby. I am 10 years older than u and just getting my head together after 23 years of ED misery. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here!
      Yay!
      That is amazing thdt things are getting better for you
      I wish you every success and happiness for the future x

      Delete
  3. I used to be a D to DD, but because of the pill the size fluctuates. I've recently gone from an E cup to a G cup. Two whole cup sizes. You should have seen the look in my sister's face when we told her what size I was. It's amazing the difference to your body shape a well fitted bra makes, because I was the same wearing and E cup. As long as they're not causing any back problems and I can find bras that fit I don't mind my new size.
    You're doing remarkably well in your recovery dear, keep up the good work.
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne
      I've loved writing about boobs actually
      It's been done light relief from the heaviness that is ED and addiction
      I think it's so important to laugh
      You know? X

      Delete
  4. You are definitely not plus size hun UK 10 is still pretty little.

    Perhaps when you gain, it goes straight to your chest? My weight does, and honestly there are worse places it could go, so I'm totally ok with that. Also discovering your hourglass is definitely thrilling. (And personally I think much nicer to look at....) In the earlier stages of recovery, I went through a phase of watching Marilyn Monroe films, and that was a huge help in dealing with the weight gain.

    YAY BOOOOOOOBIES

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently my weight does go to my chest Mich
      It used to go to my tummy
      But my boobs have reached an all time big size
      I guess it could be worse
      I am getting used to be being s big busted lady
      It's quite the revelation... X

      Delete
  5. Very pretty!

    Oh man, I love how good your new bras are making you feel! It's like sharing the joy of a well-supported bosom. You're so right about it changing your body shape, giving more definition and making your waist look smaller. Every part about buying new bras is a confidence boost if you ask me (well, except for parting with the $!).

    My dear, you are most definitely not a plus size. A lot of clothing ranges here only make between certain sizes, but it doesn't mean you're a plus size.

    "Plus size clothing is a euphemistic term given to clothing proportioned specifically for people whose bodies are larger than the average person's." (Wiki)

    Your body is not larger than the average person's. That's a 34" band right there for goodness sakes, and that's definitely no where near the higher end. It's your mind playing tricks on you.

    Love <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella
      Yes boobs have been quite the theme for me this week
      I'm loving the buzz I get off of my newly supported bosom

      I guess I'm not plus size in reality
      It just feels like thdt sometimes
      And yes
      My mind does play tricks on me
      That's ED for you

      Hope you are doing ok Hun?
      Need to read your latest post

      Love to you too x

      Delete
  6. I hate my boobs. They are a 75F and big and bulgy an they're the only thing people notice, which is, when I come to think about it, good, because that keeps their eyes off my face.

    But I had breasts at age 12 (no budding, we're talking tits here) and how fun is it when your father's friends come on to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that happened to you Hun
      What an absolute fucking asshole
      Some people need to be locked up if you ask me
      Don't let a scumbag like that have any power over you
      You are so much better than him x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x