Wednesday 14 October 2015

34 D

People
I have no words
Well actually I do 
But more like letters and numbers

Today I did something that I've been meaning to do since I was in my teens
Get fitted properly for a bra
Yes
I have stumbled through life thus far in ill fitting cheap bras 
And sports bras
Never in my life have I known what size I am 
Until today

My Mum was going in to her book club in town
So I decided to tag along 
And go and get fitted for said bra
But not before I got totally sidelined by the fluffy pyjamas and slippers in Dunnes
I just couldn't resist 
Then 
After I was €40 lighter
I headed to the bra shop
I guess I had preconceived notions of what a lingerie shop would be like 
The one in our town is in a department store 
I pictured little old ladies
With bad eye sight 
And measuring tapes 
But actually what I got was young polish girl 
I say girl
She was probably in her forties 
And boy did she know her stuff 

I had a budget of €50
And was hoping to get two bras for that
First
We went to the dressing room
Where she measured me
She wasn't entirely sure what size I was 
So she gave me a couple to try on
I looked at the size of the first one
34 D
I laughed at this point 
But she insisted I try it on 
And you know what?
It fit like a dream
OM freakin' G
I actually am a 34 D 
I was beyond shocked 
She told me to put my top back on over the bra to see how it looked
And holy shit!
Having my boobs in the right place totally changed my shape 
You guys
This is a revelation of epic proportions!

You see 
When I was looking at photos of our holiday 
I noticed that my boobs were a law unto themselves 
The only bras I had were ones that are comfortable 
But with absolutely no support whatsoever 
I swear they were all over the shop
Hanging down towards my knees in some photos
And in others 
Had disappeared under my arms 
It was very clear to me when I saw these photos 
That something had to be done about the boobage situation
I had to get it under control

So after I tried on the first bra
I was sold 
It cost €29
So I was on budget 
Next Nice Polish Lady had me try on some that were in the sale
She actually found one that fit me that was in the sale for €10
I was beyond impressed with my new Polish friend 
So 
I came away €39 lighter
But with two new best friends
Three if you count my Polish friend
I left that shop feeling like a million bucks 
If a bit shocked still at my size
But you guys
It's only now 
In my thirties 
That I am finally figuring all this stuff out 
Who knew that a correctly fitting bra could change my life so much?
Not me 
That's for sure 

I can't wait to wear my new bras 
I'm going to march around 
Proudly displaying my 34 Ds
I still can't believe I am that size 
But you've got to work with what you've got 
And I for one 
Left that shop today 
Feeling like I had just had a boob job
It's such a turn around from yesterday
When I was feeling so ugly and non descript
Today I feel like I have actively done something 
To accentuate my new shape
My new body 
And my new boobs!!

So 
On to the photos 
I am not brave enough to show you pics of me in my bra
But I will show you the difference the new bra makes to my shape 
Here goes... 

Edit: Photos do not do it justice
If I can get better ones I will post them

24 comments:

  1. I went up two cup sizes recently and getting new bras feels amazing. I'm quite big busted so getting new ones on sale was a bit hard as there weren't many in my new size.
    There's nothing better than the new bra feeling.
    Take care dear.
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy
      And surprised
      I wish I'd done this years ago! X

      Delete
  2. Ha!!
    I am still shell shocked

    I looked for your blog Shelby
    Did you delete it?
    Or writing somewhere else? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) good for you! - that is lovely.
    (my weight has been healthy for many years but i STILL just have a bloated belly and no bust; i wish it were otherwise, but eventually it stops being worth worrying about, life is so much more than that, and life is so short)
    i am, though, so pleased that you had a happy day, it sounds from recent posts like you need one! i love your humour, you make me smile have a good evening :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boobs have developed relatively late in life
      So don't worry
      It is still possible
      I know being bloated is tough
      But your body will settle down
      And you will be more evened out
      They seems to be happening to me

      Thank you
      You too x

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean Ruby, I used to think I was a 42D... come to find out I was a 36DDD... now down to a 34DDD... it makes a world of difference to be fit for the right size bra. I will always get fitted before buy a new one as it could change again xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does Launna
      I feel like a different person with my new bras
      Still getting over the shock of my size though

      You must be losing weight if your bra size is going down
      I know you are on a personal journey
      And I wish you every success and happiness x

      Delete
  5. Bra-shopping is like going into battle, especially if you're a little more well-endowed in the chest area. And good bras are so bloody expensive!! Which is why this is true:
    http://cheezburger.com/8435873792/fashion-fail-how-often-do-you-wash-your-bras

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know
    It junk I got a bargain at two for €39

    Ha!!
    Love it!
    So true!
    I may have to wear one and wash one until I can afford to get more.... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem
      Meant to say I just got...
      Silly autocorrect x

      Delete
    2. The one I have on today is on day 6.

      Delete
    3. Love it!
      I see your six days
      And raise you eight! X

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad that you're having a much better day than yesterday. Isn't it wonderful when you find something that can make such a huge difference to your life! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your hugs
      And sending some right back to you
      I hope you are doing ok? X

      Delete
    2. Ruby hugs are much appreciated! I'm not fantastic and I'm not rock bottom, I'm just somewhere numb inbetween if that makes sense?! Xx

      Delete
    3. It makes perfect sense Hun
      Sometimes we are in a kind of limbo
      Neither here nor there
      But please don't quit five minutes before the miracle
      You are too precious to be lost to this thing x

      Delete
    4. Definitely in limbo. Don't worry, I'm not quitting, just treading water it seems! X

      Delete
  8. oh i love you so.

    34D! that's a nice number. i'm two sizes below you with the same band @ a 34B. but apparently, i look like i'm 'more' than a B to a lot of my friends, but that's probably because they're all A's and AA's. i thought that i must be bigger and it was a fluke but one lady at a shop took my measurements again and said that i am definitely a 34B.

    boobs are amazing.



    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sammy I swear
      I though I was like a 32 or 34 B
      I was genuinely gobsmacked when she pulled out this huge bra
      That looked like basketballs would fit in it
      I am coming to terms with the fact that I have massive boobs!! X

      Delete
  9. I'm the complete opposite. My mum's always preached the importance of good bras, so I was fitted from my first bra at like age 10 (it had Winnie the Pooh embroidered on it, lmao) up until I developed AN. Then I just sorta worked backwards. Having a properly fitting bra for the first time in ages is such an amazing feeling! You definitely got a good deal. I'd generally pay $50AUD for one bra, but I had to go to one of those shops for large-and-small sizes, and still never had much choice (I was a 12/34G).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg crazy boobs xD boobs are awesome , that's all I have to say.

    Boobs

    (Love you )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maannndyyyy-!?!!?!?!
    YaY !!! ^_^

    I was Wondering where you'd got to…
    Totally CHUFFED you're okay-!!!!! <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, its funny you writ on this today b/c once I finally dragged home (on foot!) : ( ystrdy, I literally VOWED to spend & get @ least 2 bras when I get £s again-!!! I was SOO uncomfortable, & I just can't stand it AnyMore!!!! Maybe partly why my BACK has bin going out off & on recently too; they're not ginormous, but proper support can't hurt-!

    Side note, back in the day, [roughly 29 yrs ago!] I'd actually got a proper fit [& on UK soil, no less-! ; )] &
    I came in @ 32D when all along I'd been wearing a 34B…'YIPES'

    If I can't be comfy just yet, I'm so glad You're feeling better--you deserve it !

    (Incidentally, if MEN hadta wear bras evryday, they sure as Heck would not be so ex$pen$ive!!) :/:/

    <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x