Wednesday 2 March 2016

Wednesday - My favourite day of the week!

And why is that I hear you ask
Well
Wednesday is horse riding day
The day I look forward to all week long
My Dad is visiting for a couple of days 
And he wanted to see the equine centre
So he drove today
And my Mam and sister brought the dogs out
On the way 
We stopped at an ATM
So I could take out some money 
But no matter what amount I asked for
It kept saying 'Insifficient funds'
I immediately began to panic
My first thought was that my disability payment had been stopped for some reason
The social welfare office wasn't far away
But I decided to ring them instead
As I didn't want to be late for horse riding
I got through to a very helpful lady
Who informed me that there had been trouble with the banks 
And that the money should be in by tomorrow 
I was relieved that that's all it was
The last thing I need is for my disability to be cut 

So
We continued on 
And my Dad lent me the €15 for the lesson 
We arrived at 11 30am
Just in time 
I was on Star again
My bestie 
And today I was all on my own 
No one leading me 
Just me and Star
I loved it!
There was another horse in front of us 
And I think Star may have just been following him
But he did what I asked him to do
We trotted a lot
And generally had such great fun
The woman who does it with us said that I am flying it 
Which is nice to hear
I go feel very comfortable on the horse 
I'm not scared
I'm not afraid of falling 
And I can't wait until I start to canter 
And maybe do some little jumps
I can see how it helps with confidence 
As I already feel more comfortable on Star
And I hope he is at ease with me riding him
There are a few people around when we are riding 
And they are lovely 
I'm quiet 
It's obvious my confidence is low 
But I do my best to join in the chat 
It doesn't come naturally to me 
I'm sure it will get easier 
And I won't feel so crippled with anxiety
As ever 
The session was over far too quickly 
I paid 
And we headed off
We stopped off at the pet store on the way back
And picked up some doggy supplies 
Food and chewys 
Then hit the road for home

I'm always really tired after the horse riding 
But it's a nice tiredness
And my ass kills 
But again 
It's a nice pain
A pain where you know you've worked hard 
This really has the potential to be a life changer for me 
It's only my third week
And already I feel massive benefits 
It's better than any pill or potion
Now 
If I could just convince my Mam to get a horse.....

7 comments:

  1. This is so lovely to read about. I used to have horses until I ran away, so I understand how therapeutic they are, and how much they can boost your confidence. I can see you soar into the future Rubs. You're moving on to great things! XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Annie
      It really feels like things are turning around for me
      And I feel so hopeful that I will be ok

      How are you?
      I will send you a little email later on x

      Delete
    2. I'm still in limbo, finding it quite tough, but I shouldn't moan, I'm in a lovely place with really lovely and caring staff. And it's in my hometown, so I can nip across to see my kitties.

      I'm so proud of you for taking such leaps forwards. I want to follow in your footsteps! Xxx

      Delete
  2. all you need is dogs and horses ,well not all but its a good start! xx jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't we all like a pony? This is our theme song:
    https://youtu.be/t--f67108Jo

    I'm glad you're enjoying the riding as much as you are. Human therapy can go far, but I feel like, at least for those of us with disordered brains, animals understand us so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful to read. Who would've thought horses could be such positive, healing creatures. It sounds like you're really enjoying it, and the fact it's already helping is amazing!

    Lots of love <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x