Friday 8 April 2016

G is for Girl

Im taking a bit of poetic license with the letter G
I really wanted to write about something that happened last night
And using G for Girl was the only way I could do that 
Anyway
On to the post

As you know 
My Mam was diagnosed with osteoporosis recently 
In her hips and spine 
The doctor told her 
That weight bearing exercises would help
So we have been on the look out for suitable courses and classes
We found a Pilates class about half an hour from our house
My Mam rang the lady 
And she sounded very good 
So we put our names down
The first class was last night 
So we donned our work out clothes 
And headed out 

We arrived at the leisure centre just before 8pm
And waited in reception for the previous class to finish 
It was very busy 
Lots of people in and out 
But one particular girl caught my eye 
She was wearing grey leggings 
And a grey top
All her clothes were very tight 
The first thing I noticed 
Was that she was extremely thin
Her hair was white blonde 
And she was so pale she was almost translucent 
I didn't want to stare at her
 my eye kept being drawn to her
After a few minutes wait
It was time for the class
We walked upstairs 
To the room where it was being held 
Grey Girl as I will call her also went up to the room
The instructor greeted us 
She had wild curly hair 
And looked so fit and toned
Like her muscles were rock hard 
It turned out that is was just us three in the class 
There were three large mirrors on the wall
And I kept taking sneaky glances at Grey Girl
The teacher asked us if we do any other exercise 
I told her about the swimming 
And Grey Girl said that she walks and runs 
But that she has two small children 
And didn't always get to do it
She sounded confident 
Sure of herself 
But I couldn't help but wonder if she had an eating disorder 
Grey Girl said that she had done Pilates before 
But it was years ago
This also made me wonder 
As it sounded like she used to exercise 
But had to stop
And now she was just starting again
I don't know
Maybe I am way off the mark
But I've always been able to recognise a fellow sufferer 
Then of course
I felt like a right heffer beside her 
I compared our thighs in the mirror
_UWhere our bones were visible
In fact
I was totally distracted by her during the whole class 

I guess I was triggered by this girl 
This morning 
I asked my Mam if she noticed anything about Grey Girl 
She said that she had noticed how  thin she was
Initially 
I felt jealous of the girl
As sick as that sounds
I wanted to be that thin too
But 
My mother said we looked very similar 
It's going to be hard if she is in the class every week
Maybe I am wrong
Maybe I am presuming without all of the facts
I hope I'm wrong 
I really do 

12 comments:

  1. Everything you write about is either ED or drugs, not judging, just noticed. Why didn't you made D about your dogs... ? Girl, I hope your identity will truly be made up of different aspects one day. Get well soon. I also think you should def take on the summer job. Made such a big difference for my depression to work again. It made me a much more confident and a much happier person, although I had so many issues when I started, i thought I would NEVER manage. it was so worth overcoming my fears and seeing through my own excuses!

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my blog is about
      Recovering from these things
      I do write about other things
      But I've been writing the A-Z challenge about these things as I knew a lot of new people would be visiting my blog during the challenge

      I do identify myself a much more than an anorectic or drug addict
      I don't know if you read my blog a lot but I do have other interests x

      Delete
  2. I don't think you know her well enough to say anything. But if she's going to the class, she's probably interested in being healthy.

    Anyway, I can think of two obvious topics for H. I look forward to seeing which one you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true EM
      I don't know this girl at all
      And I could be way off the mark

      He he
      I have a H in mind
      It will be interesting to see if you are thinking of the same H that I am.... X

      Delete
  3. please don't stop going, a lot of people are just naturally thin it must be hard to be be thought of as having an eating disorder, and if she has small children maybe its her natural body shape. how did you find the class otherwise? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually
      I really enjoyed the class
      And after the class I was chatting to Grey Girl
      And she seemed very together
      I will definitely go back next week
      Especially as mum enjoyed it too x

      Delete
  4. Pilates is good, but I would definitely be mindful (ye gods I hate that word but I can;t think of another) of how you view Grey Girl and how she affects your thinking. It sounds like seeing her is very triggering for you. If that's the case it might be a good idea to find another pilates class. Some people are naturally super skinny (like one of my high school friends, who complained that she got "so fat" when 8 months pregnant she needed size 2 trousers >:O ), but that doesn't make their appearance ant less triggering.

    Take care of yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tricky one Mich
      I want to do the class
      But I don't know if I want to go back because of the girl
      But then
      The world is full of skinny people
      And I can't hide from that

      Hope you are doing ok
      Need to check in with you and read your last post x

      Delete
  5. you need to stop going. this may become the infamous navy trousers/BMI. Personally i think there are other forms of exercise that would suit you better. it may suit your mother but I'd err on the side of caution here.


    shelby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Shelby
      It would be a shame to stop going
      But I will play it by ear
      I guess I can't hide from the skinny Minnie's of this world x

      Delete
  6. Hi, I am a USA citizen, am here to testify how i got my Ex back with the help of this God-sent called Dr Unity for the great things he has done in my life.. First of all i want to thank mareen for the post she made on how Dr Unity helped her in bringing back her lover. At first when i saw the posting i was so happy and in the other hand so scared,That this might not be real, Then i decided to give it a try in which i contacted Dr Unity and told him how my lover left me for another lady for the past 3years and i have been lonely and depressed without him,So i asked him if he has helped anyone called mareen and he said yes, that was the lady he helped in bringing back her lover. I said good and i told him that if he can help me in bringing back my own lover,He laughed and said once i have contacted him that my problem will be solved.He said that my lover will be back to me within 48hours, Truly when the 48hours was completed i got a text from someone saying am sorry, then i decided to call the number i saw it was my lover Steve voice.i was so happy he was begging me and crying on phone, That he is ready to do anything that will make me happy in life,So i told him to come over which he did,As he was coming he came with a brand new Car as gift. i am so happy today with the help of Dr Unity. He has proven to me that he is not going to leave me for another lady again and stay with me forever, Am so happy today and am also thanking mareen for posting this early.Dr Unity you are truly a man of your word. He can also any kind of sickness and he can solve any kind of problems in this world. Friends i believe Dr Unity is a man to trust and believe on. You don't need to cry anymore Dr Unity has been sent to clean our tears you can contact him on his Email:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or cell phone +2348072370762).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x