Thursday 7 April 2016

F is for Free

F is proving to be a tricky customer
The only other word I could think of was food
And I pretty much covered that yesterday 
So free it is 
I wanted to write about being free
As for so long I was a slave to drugs, alcohol and my ED
Having been a heroin addict for years 
I was literally a slave to the drug 
My whole world cantered around the getting and using and finding ways and means to get more 
Because what ever I had 
Was never enough 
I was a greedy addict 
I couldn't control my cravings and urges
I hurt the people I love the most 
But most of all
I hurt myself 
Then came alcohol and prescription meds 
I also abused these to the point where I passed out on the floor 
I was out of control
Out of my mind 
My ED was a similar story
As you know 
I was a serial binger and purger
I literally used to do it all day 
Heck I even woke up in the middle of the night and binged 
It was a nightmare 
Thankfully 
Most of these things are behind me
Yes I am still on methadone and meds 
And yes I still have work to go on my ED recovery 
But I feel the most free that I've felt in the longest time 

Freedom is everything 
Without it
We have nothing 
Now I am free to study
Work 
Travel 
I'm free to wake up in the morning 
And not need a drug to feel normal 
I'm free to walk my dogs 
To go horse riding 
To attend my meetings 
To live my life the way I want
I'm free to travel the world 
As I don't have a criminal
Conviction
And am free to wear what I want 
To pierce my body 
To tattoo my body
Yo listen to the music I want 
Watch the films I want 
Even in this day and age 
There are places in the world where you can't do these things 
Where you don't have the freedom to be yourself 
I guess a lot of the time 
I take my freedom for granted 
I have the freedom of speech too
I can express myself the way I want to
Through words
Writing
Art 
I can express my feeling and thoughts on this blog
That is amazing 
Yes
Freedom is sweet 
And I am grateful to have it in my life today

15 comments:

  1. Freedom within is the best gift. Congratulations on finding yours!

    Have a wonderful A to Z,
    Sylvia van Bruggen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia and welcome!!

      Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Why thank you EM
      And good to hear from you
      You make me smile x

      Delete
  3. I love that you're free,you are right we have freedom here if we can free ourselves, stay free forever! you deserve it. hope you have lots good times coming your way now. much love, J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      I believe that too
      Good times are coming x

      Delete
  4. Freedom ... your post is beautiful, courageous and strong. I am so happy that I visited you via the A to Z Challenge. By sharing your story you are bringing hope to others and in that lies freedom for yourself and others. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda
      For your kind words
      Hello and welcome!
      So glad you stopped by x

      Delete
  5. Yes! Love this post. It mightn't have been so inspiring to start with, but I think Freedom is a really good one for you.

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does didn't Bells
      But I got there eventually
      The story of my life..... X

      Delete
  6. Freedom is pretty beautiful, huh? :) Thank you for posting this...I read it earlier today and have been thinking about my own new found freedoms all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting
      It means so much x

      Delete
  7. It is absurd the amount of freedom that comes with recovery. Just that feeling of BEING FREE. I remember the days of obsessive counting--where every second of every day was devoted to calories and weights and measures and numbers. Every waking thought, consumed with numbers. I cannot imagine ever going back to that. Sometimes I think it's that terror that keeps me from really slipping down the ED rabbit hole again.

    Insane to think that, seeing as food and eating and nourishment are the first thing you really grasp as an infant, that you can unravel that part of your brain to the point of trying to starve yourself to death. And the process of un-unraveling it is so grueling. But it can be done, and nothing feels more freeing that than feeling of being free to eat, drink, and be merry without the ED whispering in your ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's healthy to have a certain amount of fear Mich
      I know I feel that way about drugs
      It keeps me clean though
      That fear of relapsing

      It is insane isn't it?
      To actually try and stArve yourself to death
      The whole disorder is crazy also absolutely
      I'm so glad you are free
      And I am getting there x

      Delete
  8. Hi, I am a USA citizen, am here to testify how i got my Ex back with the help of this God-sent called Dr Unity for the great things he has done in my life.. First of all i want to thank mareen for the post she made on how Dr Unity helped her in bringing back her lover. At first when i saw the posting i was so happy and in the other hand so scared,That this might not be real, Then i decided to give it a try in which i contacted Dr Unity and told him how my lover left me for another lady for the past 3years and i have been lonely and depressed without him,So i asked him if he has helped anyone called mareen and he said yes, that was the lady he helped in bringing back her lover. I said good and i told him that if he can help me in bringing back my own lover,He laughed and said once i have contacted him that my problem will be solved.He said that my lover will be back to me within 48hours, Truly when the 48hours was completed i got a text from someone saying am sorry, then i decided to call the number i saw it was my lover Steve voice.i was so happy he was begging me and crying on phone, That he is ready to do anything that will make me happy in life,So i told him to come over which he did,As he was coming he came with a brand new Car as gift. i am so happy today with the help of Dr Unity. He has proven to me that he is not going to leave me for another lady again and stay with me forever, Am so happy today and am also thanking mareen for posting this early.Dr Unity you are truly a man of your word. He can also any kind of sickness and he can solve any kind of problems in this world. Friends i believe Dr Unity is a man to trust and believe on. You don't need to cry anymore Dr Unity has been sent to clean our tears you can contact him on his Email:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or cell phone +2348072370762).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x