Tuesday 12 April 2016

J is for Job!

As you may know
I did a job interview a few months ago
I was unsuccessful  in the position in question
But they did offer me another job
Working in the holiday centre 
From May - September 
I gladly accepted the offer 
Grateful for any type of work 
As jobs are pretty scarce around here at the moment 
I did have a few obstacles in my way though
There is a course I want to do
And also there is the question of my disability benefit 
I can legally work up to 20 hours a week
And still keep all of my benefit
Any hours after that 
My benefit is cut on a sliding scale 
It's really difficult to know what to do
And everyone has an opinion
Some think I should just work the 20 hours 
Some think I should forget about the job and do the course
And some think I should forget about the disability benefit 
And take as many hours as I can
It's a tricky one 
I know that once I take myself off disability 
It will be nigh on impossible to get it back if I need it 
I guess it's a security blanket 
But at some point
I'm going to have to grow up and let it go 
I want to work 
I do 
I guess it's a confidence thing 
I haven't worked 
And worked for someone in a long time 
My last job was teaching kids dance 
I stopped because I lost my confidence 
And just couldn't do it anymore 
I've never really regained it after that 
What I will so
I don't know yet 
But it's nice to have options 
It wasn't too long ago 
That I had no options 
No course
No job 
First world problems I guess 
But I do think work will be good for me 
For my self esteem 
Confidence 
Feeling that I am contributing 
And being a productive member of society 
I guess I will have to make a decision soon
And I will do what is right for me 
I'm just not sure which way to go....

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm in the same boat with the whole work/ benefits situation. It took me so long to be able to get on benefits, and then even longer to get all I was entitled to (spent a year basically struggling to survive and keep a roof under my head) so yeah, actually coming off them and losing that safety net is scary, because I can't guarantee I'll get a job, or keep one if I got one, and it's been over a year since I worked, so it's a bit of a tough situation.

    I think the voluntary stuff sounds like a wonderful idea, to ease you back into working without the extra pressure. It also might help with the confidence thing. I guess a course is the same.

    Take things at your own pace though and do what's right for you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agnes
      You make some good points
      I guess because the Jo is just for the summer
      I'm reluctant to let my benefit go
      But I am trusting that things will work out the way they should
      I won't make any hasty decisions

      Hope you are well
      Good to hear from you x

      Delete
  2. It seems like this job is only seasonal. So I think you should work part-time and keep your disability benefits.

    Then, when a full-time year-round job is available, it won't be such a change to your life style. You'll have already been working.

    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true EM
      It is a seasonal job
      Our town is like a ghost town during the winter
      Then the population explodes during the summer
      We are a seaside town you see

      Thanks for your opinion
      It counts x

      Delete
  3. I think there'll always be stigma and strong opinions when it comes to disability payments. At the end of the day, you and your team are the ones who know what's best for you. My 2 cents is not to rush off it when the job is short-term. You need to have a plan for what happens when the holiday job ends.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Bella
      Myself and my team are really the only ones who can call this one
      And I'm leaning towards just doing the 20 hours that I am allowed work

      Hope you're doing ok x

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am a USA citizen, am here to testify how i got my Ex back with the help of this God-sent called Dr Unity for the great things he has done in my life.. First of all i want to thank mareen for the post she made on how Dr Unity helped her in bringing back her lover. At first when i saw the posting i was so happy and in the other hand so scared,That this might not be real, Then i decided to give it a try in which i contacted Dr Unity and told him how my lover left me for another lady for the past 3years and i have been lonely and depressed without him,So i asked him if he has helped anyone called mareen and he said yes, that was the lady he helped in bringing back her lover. I said good and i told him that if he can help me in bringing back my own lover,He laughed and said once i have contacted him that my problem will be solved.He said that my lover will be back to me within 48hours, Truly when the 48hours was completed i got a text from someone saying am sorry, then i decided to call the number i saw it was my lover Steve voice.i was so happy he was begging me and crying on phone, That he is ready to do anything that will make me happy in life,So i told him to come over which he did,As he was coming he came with a brand new Car as gift. i am so happy today with the help of Dr Unity. He has proven to me that he is not going to leave me for another lady again and stay with me forever, Am so happy today and am also thanking mareen for posting this early.Dr Unity you are truly a man of your word. He can also any kind of sickness and he can solve any kind of problems in this world. Friends i believe Dr Unity is a man to trust and believe on. You don't need to cry anymore Dr Unity has been sent to clean our tears you can contact him on his Email:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or cell phone +2348072370762).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x